Fat boy wants to fly a pa 125??

Tricky

Hi fellow flyers

Just found this forum and what a great one it is indeed!

Well I'm new here so Hello From the darkest depths of herefordshire!

Can any one advise me on a issue I have..... Will a pap pa 125 with a 125cm prop fly a pilot of 110kgs safely?? I normally fly a thor 200, I was thinking of buying a pa 125 as a secondary back up motor as there fairly reliable,

Any heavier pilots flown such a thing?? 8)

Welcome to the PMC :-)

The manufacturer suggests that it has 63kg of thrust with a max pilot weight of 100KG.

It's most likely doable with a good solid technique and some wind, but at best you will have scratchy climb outs so not ideal in my opinion.

Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear.

SW :D

Thanks for your feedback guys, also the elavation of where I fly is about 400ish ft above sea level, and my wing is a itv billy size 28, I think the pa would do the job but like you said Simon, the climb outs could get interesting, flying the thor 200 which is a bloody heavy old thing, but it is like stepping in to a express elavavtor to the sky! I was just looking for a light weight little pap for just a bit of steady flying in the evenings...the moster plus is another option of course......

yes the 1250 frame would be too small as the rated thrust is only 54kg,

But the 1400 frame with a 125cm prop is pushing out 64kg thrust, surly that would be enough to get me up and away, i fly a big wing with plenty of lift, i,m not planning on doing aerobatics just gentle evening flights,and a little cross country......