What happened to that guy who flew into Glasto...

What do you think?

Enough of a punishment or not (for a second identical offence)?

PARAMOTOR PILOT FINED FOR GLASTONBURY AIRSPACE BREACH

A man who used a paramotor to fly into last year’s Glastonbury Festival has been fined after he admitted breaching restricted airspace around the Somerset arts and music event.

David Hoare, 59, of Somerton, Somerset, was seen by event managers flying over the festival’s Healing Field on the evening of Saturday 27 June 2015.

Airspace around the festival is restricted to protect the public. After landing his paramotor in an area known as the Sacred Space, Mr Hoare was apprehended by security personnel, before being handed over to the police.

Appearing at Weston-Super-Mare Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday 27 January 2016, Mr Hoare pleaded guilty to one count of flying within Glastonbury Festival’s restricted airspace.

The court heard Mr Hoare had a previous conviction for an identical offence in 2010.

He was fined £400 and ordered to pay costs of £160 to the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), which brought the prosecution.

The CAA said it was determined to take action whenever necessary to protect members of the public, including prosecuting those responsible for flying into restricted airspace.

SW :D

Hi.

I met him last year. He is a really nice guy. I really like him. And so would you if you met him.

He flies into Glastonbury every year and has done for many years. He knows the organisers and has worked at the event for years. He is an eccentric gent that does have an urge to shun authority. That is the way he conducts his affairs in everyday life. He is an interesting character.

Did he get permission to fly into the event NO. Naughty boy. Has he ever. NO. Naughty boy.

Was anybody upset. (see vid) Only the armchair experts at home. oh and the CAA cos someone made a fuss.

Was anyone in danger? No more than any of us flying over a large town ect.

I do think he knows where to draw the line, before anyone accuses him of potentially ruining it for everyone.

A proper bell end is someone who leads a flight of paramotors over an active ATZ because the bloke he met in the pub the night before said it was ok to do so. Now that is a proper bell end.

Meet Dave and his dog. This is how he arrived at a fly in in Devon last year.

Whitters. XX

IMG_1230.jpg.4c260c74f96b56c17bf3719b8c1

IMG_1219.jpg.43ab49d988c18e9e98ff8ce56b6

IMG_1223.jpg.5b54541ccbe579b58a59277bf09

I do think he knows where to draw the line, before anyone accuses him of potentially ruining it for everyone.

Whitters. XX

Dude, the guy has been prosecuted twice for the same offence?

I am certain that this will remain on the CAA radar for some time... How could you think otherwise???

Lets imagine for a second that the Air ambulance needed to attend the event expecting closed airspace around the same time?

My opinion remains.. the guy made a stupid decision more than once and is clearly very selfish at best!

SW :D

• 2 weeks later...