Hello from N/Wales

Hello, Newbie from north wales here.

A chance sighting of a paramotor in Rhyl has brought me back to looking at flight again after many years of filing it in the back of my brain as a 'must do that one day!'

My background is Aeronautical engineering and I have been flying models for years so i have a little understanding of flight, just not the first person viewpoint!

I have 11 acres of my own land which I could maybe use as a flying site, but it does have trees and powerlines nearby, so it isnt going to be any good to me until experienced.

Its funny, but the guy that got me thinking again wasn't in my opinion actually flying particularly sensibly. Im assuming that buzzing buildings, powerlines and a caravan park at treetop height isnt something the sport wants to encourage! Gave me a good look at the glider and power unit though & he certainly had good control of his aircraft.

So enough waffling, I have a few questions if anyone could help out.

What is the accepted weight range? I am 115kg, im guessing im gonna have to go on a diet to have a chance of sensible loading.

Is there any nearby training people would recommend?

What would be a reasonable amount i should discuss with 'the boss' that I would need to learn & buy a setup?

Is it normal to use a schools setup to learn or would it be best to use my own?

Cheers

Drew

So enough waffling, I have a few questions if anyone could help out.

What is the accepted weight range? I am 115kg, im guessing im gonna have to go on a diet to have a chance of sensible loading.

115KG is totally fine! :-) the kit can be purchased specific to a weight range.

Is there any nearby training people would recommend?

Not sure in the North Wales area but I am sure someone will pop up with a suggestion soon enough.

What would be a reasonable amount i should discuss with 'the boss' that I would need to learn & buy a setup?

Learning about £1000 most places, kit £7.5k new, £4k second hand half decent

Is it normal to use a schools setup to learn or would it be best to use my own?

Insist on it! :-)

Cheers

Drew

Welcome to the Paramotor Club! :-)

You live in a great place for flying!

SW :D