The date of my dads accident.

Well, I have been on a mission to get a date for my dads accedent where the Cornwall Air ambulance saved his life....

I have got it pinned down to January 1988. :shock::shock: (this was the first of the air ambulances)

That would have made me 14 at the time.

SW :D

Just a thought...

Surely with Whitters help it would be fairly straightforward to find out the names of the crew and inform them about their involvement being the cause of the great venture. Perhaps they could be present at the start (great for the TV coverage,etc) or at some point enroute.

I will check it out. Working on Friday so will make some enquiries. Might not be that simple. 1988 was pre-computer era and not sure what records and for how long they were kept. Best bet would be Bond helicopters who supply the aircraft. However I would need an exact date to get names of crew. We have only had 4 aircraft since the beginning so I will easily get the details of the helicopter involved.

A good PR opportunity pre Tip to Tip would be simons Dad to visit the base. Be fantastic if the actual crew could be found for the visit.

Regards

Whitters.

I will pin this information down, and speek for my Dad and say 100% yes on his part.

I love the idea!

What a start to the flight that would be!

SW :D

I managed to track the crew of the Supermarine Walrus that pulled my dad out of the drink 5 miles off the coast of Dieppe on the 27th of May, 1944 after he was shot down in a Spitfire IX MK696 so I know things are do-able if you have the determination!