Tip to Tip Donation Portal

Guest francis777

tiptotip.jfdiuk.com is the proposed donation portal for the regional air ambulance and Forces Children's Trust.

You just choose which charity and click Donate and it takes ytou to the Tip to Tip JustGiving page for that charity. Please test each one and try out the widgets menu and functions and feed back any glitches and bugs.

I am no "designer" so its quite dull, by all means sugegst improvements to the look, feel and function.

FAR MORE IMPORTANT, how are we going to set about getting folks to donate?????????

Start by emailing the above link to EVERYBODY you know and everybody they know. Then print some promo flyers and get around your local action groups, scouts, cadets, WI, round table, paragliding club, PPG club, microlight club, gliding, hill walkers etc etc, any one who might think air ambulances are a good idea.

I am not only thinking of all of us getting sponsors but getting other folks outside teh sport buzzing with pre event fever, doing sponsored walks, car cleanings, bob a job, all putting their bit into the portal and it will give us a totalliser and a breakdown.

Once the national publicity starts (Simon...?) this task will be easier as folks will know what we are talking about but we need to start thinking up local scemes and wheezes. Affilliate club members know what will work in their area.......

lastly if your regional air ambulance is missing and you want it there from the list let me know :D:D:D:D:D:D

JFDI my friends :wink:

Edited by Guest

Great site Francis.

It strikes me that if you could get some form of endorsement from the Air Ambulance it would 'authenticate' the effort and tie the T2T to the in Air Ambulance in peoples minds.

Same with the Forces Children's Trust.

I know, they know we are doing this - the populous at large need to be very clear about what is happening here, both on your website and on the giving website.

A quote from someone notable in both organizations and graphics should do it.

I will post something to the BALPA website, a bunch of the guys there may well throw a copper or two into the hat.

When tewwked, we will give to the Tip to Tip web guy who can brand it and plonk it on the Tip to Tip website... (this is the site that people will go to to donate so seems like the best thing to do.

Francis, thanks for your work on this! it must have taken you all day!

SW :D

Francis, thanks for your work on this! it must have taken you all day!

SW :D

weeeeeeeelll actually........... I just gave the brief to one of my students and said "make it so, boy, or there'll be a beating in it for you"

Kind regards

Mr Whackford Squeers.

Hi Francis.

Do you want me to get our charity (Cornwall Air Ambulance) to contact you reference the donation portal. Today I have gained the contact details of all the air ambulances nationally if you or anyone needs them.

A bit nearer the time I will contact each air ambulance that we are raising funds for and attempt to arrange them to land at one of our stops as we fly through, to coincide with press etc, sure they would be keen, if it comes together it should get a bit of PR.

Regards

Whitters.

It strikes me that if you could get some form of endorsement from the Air Ambulance it would 'authenticate' the effort and tie the T2T to the in Air Ambulance in peoples minds.

Same with the Forces Children's Trust.

I know, they know we are doing this - the populous at large need to be very clear about what is happening here, both on your website and on the giving website.

A quote from someone notable in both organizations and graphics should do it.

Thanks Norman.

As soon as the portal is finalised (some wrong ambulances and no Cornwall yet) I will try as you suggest. Perhaps Whitters can suggest how that would work from his end? Or get the "lady who does" in contact with me.

The Air Ambulance charities can use the event to focus local fundraisers for the build up to and duration of the trip. I dont have a clear vision of exactly how this will develop yet and need to talk to someone with experience in these sorts of things.

F

Hi Francis.

Do you want me to get our charity (Cornwall Air Ambulance) to contact you reference the donation portal. Today I have gained the contact details of all the air ambulances nationally if you or anyone needs them.

Regards

Whitters.

Thanks, yes please. Most importantly get them to register with JustGiving.com (just takes a phonecall) so we can include them on the portal.

Francis