Which wing to get, or how to select one?

I'm a newbie and the course that I want to take is offering a few secondhand wings that I can buy and train with. I'm 74kg and would like a wing that's good at both gliding and motoring. The ability to take tandem would be great but I'm not sure if a "do everything" wing is possible. I'm not looking for a sport wing just yet.

Gin Bolero Sprint S

Sungliders Smart

Ozone Rush 2 S

I'm not even sure how I should go about selecting a wing.

Are you on a budget?

I only ask because if your not, you can make your life 'nicer by finding a supplier with a better range of wings. Or a school with kit that you can use and learn on before buying anything.

SW :D

Are you on a budget?

I only ask because if your not, you can make your life 'nicer by finding a supplier with a better range of wings. Or a school with kit that you can use and learn on before buying anything.

SW :D

Oh, yeah, I guess I'm on a budget. But I'm in Auckland and there are only two schools here, so I guess selection is limited?

Those are the three wings that they said would work for my weight.

Are those wings not great?

Personally i would stick to the "main" PPG brands.... Ozone, Dudek and Paramania..

you will find all those wings you posted about Very slow after a few hours, and will want to upgrade...

I see. Well, being a complete newbie, how long do you reckon it'll be before I yearn to upgrade? I've read other articles that say sometimes a person stays with their first beginner wing forever?

I have an Ozone Roadster M (28m2) for £360

Good condition 200+ hrs Last checked March 2015

Always stored at home, away from damp and sunlight.

I am am 80Kg. It was my first wing and I flew it for 4 years without getting bored. It's a nice safe wing, but slow by today's standards. I have just bought an Ozone Sirocco.

PM me if you are interested and I can send you the report and some photos.

Christian

You are going to need training. Do that first and worry about a wings later.

I have a Ozone Buzz Power, which is a z4 with trimmers. Excellent for both PG and PPG. Okay a little slow for PPG, but nice and efficient.

Tandem is pushing it on a single wing.

IMHO For your first few years in PG, you should be looking at a low ENB, not a high B (like the rush).

Stick to ozone, gin, nova...