Super Lite Trike plan for shop builts

Al_B_revo2

Looking good Andy.

I don't have sufficient experience to give advice, but where would you go to get instruction on the launch technique for a trike rather than foot launch? I know how I do it but that doesn't mean it's right.

Can anyone else give some pointers?

14 hours ago, Casper said:

To make it even easier, add hooks on the hoop to hold the lines.

I use short lengths of cable ties taped on vertically to the outer edge of the frame...........these are strong enough to hold the lines at a convenient height but if any of the lines slip over  them during the launch, they don't offer any resistance to the lines running back over them as the wing rises. I can photo if it helps.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 10:58, AndyB said:

I know what you mean about the cable ties - have seen them on someone's machine. I am assuming that my arms will be able to do exactly the same as they do when I am stood up. So I am sure why I would need anything to help with lines on the hoop?

Sometimes it just helps to support the lines away from the wheels while you are getting into the machine

• Like 1

On 19/04/2018 at 13:23, AndyB said:

Pretty much finished. Just waiting for some split collars to arrive, for holding the rear wheels in place. Bending of the central tube was a bit crazy. Needed at least twice my weight to shift it......and I had to bend a little, remove from bending clamp, reassemble unit and see if enough.

20180419_112449.thumb.jpg.9954a8cafcacd08185f8a47c1c962630.jpg

And here is it mounted.

20180419_113015.thumb.jpg.ab0fc0c9c5e6a389448c32a49fc57dcf.jpg

20180419_113000.thumb.jpg.b282d36593914d93f7ad18d2b447aeac.jpg

Fantastic Andy! Well done you! It looks very nice! Can't wait to see it flying!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...