All kitted up, ready to fly but suddenly nowhere to fly from

Hi Pilots

As I was heading off this morning to get fresh petrol for a lovely morning flight I thought I better check to see if Barry's field is open. All packed and excited and good to go and then... unfortunately it is closed for a bunch of people that like shooting things. It's only the second time recently that it has been closed but that's too many times for our fickle weather.

It's a coincidence that this morning's flight was intended to be a scout for another field as an option. I'm now in the parking lot at Tesco wondering where to go. Anybody know of an option west of London? PM me please. I'd be most grateful.

Oh if only Richmond Park or old deer park weren't on Heathrow short finals!

Regards and thanks

R

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2015 at 08:45, Superloop said:

Hi Pilots

As I was heading off this morning to get fresh petrol for a lovely morning flight I thought I better check to see if Barry's field is open. All packed and excited and good to go and then... unfortunately it is closed for a bunch of people that like shooting things. It's only the second time recently that it has been closed but that's too many times for our fickle weather.

It's a coincidence that this morning's flight was intended to be a scout for another field as an option. I'm now in the parking lot at Tesco wondering where to go. Anybody know of an option west of London? PM me please. I'd be most grateful.

Oh if only Richmond Park or old deer park weren't on Heathrow short finals!

Regards and thanks

R

IKR! Richmond Park would have been great.. although with that said, even better would have been somewhere with a flat field & parking with no fences right on/next to the field. It seems relatively speaking much easier in USA than here in the UK, I guess because there are larger spaces & it's less densely populated.

If u found anywhere near Richmond to safely take off, please let me know.. as I'm moving there soon.

On 25/09/2017 at 07:42, supre nerd said:

IKR! Richmond Park would have been great.. although with that said, even better would have been somewhere with a flat field & parking with no fences right on/next to the field. It seems relatively speaking much easier in USA than here in the UK, I guess because there are larger spaces & it's less densely populated.

If u found anywhere near Richmond to safely take off, please let me know.. as I'm moving there soon.

I think we need to make a concerted effort to get some more sites in the area.. I've already knocked on a few doors (near Farnham, Surrey)

Greg

• Like 1