210 idle speed

Fraser276

Hi, I've bought a solo 210, it doesn't have a clutch and when idling the prop spins very fast....when forward launching this presents lots of dangerous issues. Is this normal? Also the pull start is situated just under my left arm...this makes it nearly impossible to start when on my back, has anyone adapted a similar pull start to a better position?

Thanks Fraser

The tick over should be reduced until the lowest point where the engine runs correctly in an ideal world.

Ref starting on your back. It is a general rule now that all paramotors should be started on your back. As you have found, some machines are a real pain so start when on your back. For these machines we allow a tick over warm up on the ground followed by a proper run up on your back (should start easy when warm.

SW :D

Assuming this is a fresh Breeze solo 210?

I always pre warmed mine on the ground first, then starting one strapped in with a pull using both hands.

Or get a colleague to pull it in front of you, much easier :)

The tick over is set deliberately a bit fast on the FB Solo, about 2600 rpm from memory.

Alan

Thanks fellas, it not the engine starting that is the problem...I do warm it up, but more where the pull start is situated. When the paramotor is on my back its very difficult to give it a good tug. Yes if someone is there that's great but I tend to fly alone...I was more thinking to relocate..over the shoulder might me better, or a foot start...can you add an electric start?. The idle Rev speed isn't anything to do with the mix then? I thought maybe if it was too rich it would run faster??

Thanks anyway, any advice is welcomed with open arms

Fraser

Thanks fellas, it not the engine starting that is the problem...I do warm it up, but more where the pull start is situated. When the paramotor is on my back its very difficult to give it a good tug. Yes if someone is there that's great but I tend to fly alone...I was more thinking to relocate..over the shoulder might me better, or a foot start...can you add an electric start?. The idle Rev speed isn't anything to do with the mix then? I thought maybe if it was too rich it would run faster??

Thanks anyway, any advice is welcomed with open arms

Fraser

Idle speed varies prop size, but normally 1800 is fine. Over 2000 is too much. If you lean the fuel speed increases. I've changed the pull cord position to over shoulder in one of my old machine .Yes it is better than the normal low position and I could start it in the air once!I've used 5 or 6 different solo210 motors ,still got one. If you don't have electric start,then start the engine ,warm up switch it off, lay the wing properly,connect the wing (or connect it after getting up) ,start the engine sit on the harness attach it get up(attach the wing if you have not done it ).This is the way I always use if I'm alone.