Hello All!

Hello All,

I have been on the fringes of the site for a while now and thought it was high time I joined up and introduced myself.

I have been interested in flying for a couple of years (and had a couple of test flights / lessons in various light aircraft), but until recently have been put off buy the rather high costs, which appear to be involved with the vast majority of aviation; until I was captivated by the idea of Para-motoring (T3 Magazines review of the Parajet).

So, here I am hopefully a new convert into the sport of Para-motoring (well it looks fun anyway).

Now for the first, of potentially many, requests for advice. I am looking for a good (safe!) instructor, preferably in the Berkshire area, who can train me to competently and safely fly a Para-motor. Ideally, I would like to be able to train on the schools equipment and not have to buy my own until I am certain that it is the sport for me.

Thanks very much in advance, and I hope to meet some of you soon (Hopefully in the air)!

Regards,

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Wecome to the forum and hopefully to the sport of Paramotoring. :D

If you haven't done so already, have a good ol'e look at the forum, especially the 'Paramotor Training Bloggs' and feel free to ask away any related questions, as there is a wealth of knowlege here, that the lads 'n' lasses would love to share with you.

Hope to see ya soon, down at Lambourn.

Cheers

Terry

Hi Jamie, and welcome to the forum.

Whereabouts in Berkshire are you based? I'm a Bracknell man myself and I'd be happy to pick you up and introduce you to Simon and the Lambourn club the next time that I'm heading that way.

My own experiences over at Lambourn are all good and I'm sure that you'd receive a warm welcome.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Regards.

Togsie.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Togsie, I actually live just outside of Reading so fairly close to Bracknell, however, I spend a lot of time abroad during the week with work (which is less than ideal when it comes to training in these weird and wonderful sports) :-(

Hi Jamie,

I have taught a few people who can only visit at the weekends :D That's why my school is open on Saturdays and Sundays in fact it is only the weather that stops me from teaching.

We have LOADS of members from Reading way.... I am sure they will say hello soon enough :D

SW :D

Hi Simon,

That sounds brilliant, I think you may well have yourself a new student!

How many days training is required & is it BMAA or BHPA? Does it matter if I can only attend 1/2 days every two weeks and how much additional time do you expect it would take to qualify taking into account the gaps between training?

Finally, could you possibly give me a rough breakdown of the costs for training, club memberships (if required) and also for a good Paraglider & Para-motor (for when I get hooked) :-)

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Hi Simon,

That sounds brilliant, I think you may well have yourself a new student!

How many days training is required & is it BMAA or BHPA? Does it matter if I can only attend 1/2 days every two weeks and how much additional time do you expect it would take to qualify taking into account the gaps between training?

Finally, could you possibly give me a rough breakdown of the costs for training, club memberships (if required) and also for a good Paraglider & Para-motor (for when I get hooked) :-)

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Days Training, 10 to 12, 3 to 4 on the ground.

I am an independant instructor and will treat you as an individual.

One of my students has just has is first flight after close to a year, 1-2 days per week is a perfect degree of learning.

Cost of trainng £800.

Kit, I will need to know more about what you want from your flying before I can reccomend you a wing. Give it a few days into your training and we will both have a better feel for what 'you' want, by all means ask the question again here when you know this a little more and ask for an outside opinion.

SW :D

Hi Jamie,

When you get really into this fantastic sport of paramotoring, your'll find that there are many members within the Lambourn branch willing to give you encouragement . I am from Farnborough, Hants and fly Sunday and Mondays. I work Saturdays. FLPA flying instills a lot of patience in one which l have learnt over the years, especially when the weather doesn't play ball.

But believe me, when you take to the skies for your first flight you will be smitten. and have a smile from ear to ear.

And lastly welcome to the forum.

Mike :D

• 5 months later...

Hi Jamie

Im Steve from Datchet,

where abouts are you in berkshire ?

Cheers

Steve (

Hello All,

I have been on the fringes of the site for a while now and thought it was high time I joined up and introduced myself.

I have been interested in flying for a couple of years (and had a couple of test flights / lessons in various light aircraft), but until recently have been put off buy the rather high costs, which appear to be involved with the vast majority of aviation; until I was captivated by the idea of Para-motoring (T3 Magazines review of the Parajet).

So, here I am hopefully a new convert into the sport of Para-motoring (well it looks fun anyway).

Now for the first, of potentially many, requests for advice. I am looking for a good (safe!) instructor, preferably in the Berkshire area, who can train me to competently and safely fly a Para-motor. Ideally, I would like to be able to train on the schools equipment and not have to buy my own until I am certain that it is the sport for me.

Thanks very much in advance, and I hope to meet some of you soon (Hopefully in the air)!

Regards,

Jamie

Hi Steve. Upton Park just on the south side of Slough is fine for ground handling. I've been there many a time and never had a problem. I've not flown for the last month due to being busy trying to sort out an upcoming house sale and relocation down South but hopefully things might get back on track next week.