Newbie in Runcorn, Cheshire: Anyone gliding nearby??!!

Hi! I'm Colin, based in Runcorn. I've been viewing everything I can find on t'internet and I'm excited about the prospect of getting into paramotoring. There's such a lot to get my head around and despite all the info available I don't really know where to start. Is there anyone out there who can suggest how I should be taking my first steps into your world up above? There's a training club 1/2 an hour away, Manchester Paragliders - can anyone recommend them? Is there anyone out there locally who I can talk to on a one to one informally before taking the plunge in the wrong direction? And then there's the minefield of what equipment to eventually buy...! Help!! :)

Welcome to the Paramotor Club :-)

I have not had any personal experience with them so can not comment I am afraid but I am sure someone will pop up soon :-)

It's a perfect time of year to start learning so you have already made a good move with the timing :-)

Good luck with the training and please do keep us informed (maybe even a training blog) which are a good read if you have not already:-)

Again, Welcome!

SW :D

Thanks for the prompt response Simon.

Yes, I figured if I can get my training done over the next couple of months with the weather picking up, I'll be set to get myself up in the air for the Summer... here's hoping! I'll keep you posted with my progress.

Just need to find some spare cash to pay for it all...

On that point, what kit combination would you recommend for a newbie weighing in at 15st 3lbs (fluctuating!) which isn't too heavy to carry and won't break the bank? Would you always go for new or would 2nd hand be ok?

Hi EZ.

With regards manchester Paragliders, Paul Kilburn, I can definitely recommend him, good easy going bloke with safety a top priority. There are a good few that fly regularly from his and surrounding areas all friendly and eager to help. I'm in Bolton and fly from here.

Don't worry about kit yet mate untill you've started and talked to different people.

Cheers Lee.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/04/2015 at 10:50 PM, EZRider64 said:

Thanks for the prompt response Simon.

Yes, I figured if I can get my training done over the next couple of months with the weather picking up, I'll be set to get myself up in the air for the Summer... here's hoping! I'll keep you posted with my progress.

Just need to find some spare cash to pay for it all...

On that point, what kit combination would you recommend for a newbie weighing in at 15st 3lbs (fluctuating!) which isn't too heavy to carry and won't break the bank? Would you always go for new or would 2nd hand be ok?

Hi mate are you still flying only in widnes and thinking of giving this a go