Flying Loch Lomond

Hi All,

I'm heading up to Loch Lomond this Easter weekend and have decided its worth putting my motor and wing in the car. Having never flown in the Scottish mountains before I have some questions.

(1) Is there anyone local to the area that could offer some advice or suggest a suitable take off and LZ field?

(2) I will check NOTAMS and Military channels for low flying but is there anything else I should check for flying in the Scottish hills?

(3) Can anyone that has flown around Loch Lomond give me some suggestions on flight path? Considering a pootle over Ben Lomond as a first suggestion.

(4) Would anyone like to join me on Sunday?

Feel free to contact me on 07720 680 586 with any advice/warnings etc etc. Any information will be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Paul

Sorry, only just seen this. Assume you have done it now as we had great weather.

I've done Ben Lomond, nice trip up from Drymen. There is a decent field near Drymen that is popular for PPG.

Watch out on a lap of Loch Lomond, very few land out options north of Ben Lomond and on the West side of the Loch.

Sent from my iPad using PMC Forum mobile app