Roadster 2 or another Revo 2

poz

Having had the very first Revo 2 off the production line 41/2 years ago, around 300 flights later it's time for a change. The problem is I've never flown anything except a Revo (Revo 1 during training), so although I have plenty of experience, it's all on one manufacturers wing.

Here are my long term observations on this wing:

Strong material, it's lasted really well in rough, dry conditions, but is also a thicker and heavier material.

Easy to launch for a heavier wing.

Quite fast (28mph)

Trimming doesn't really change the speed range +/- 2mph

Terrible glide ratio (-500fpm)

Fast landings.

Stable in flight (really important for my photo work)

All of the above seem to correspond with a heavier wing

My requirements from my next wing:

In flight stability, as good or better than Revo2

More trim speed range

Slower landings

A little more agile

So, my question to those in the know is, would the Ozone R2 be a better choice than another Paramania Revo?

Thanks in advance :)

Have a look at the new Ozone Scirocco, brand new to the market. Its basically a lightweight Speedster. I'm waiting for the reviews before I spend my heard earned but I like the idea of new tech and lightweight.

Thanks Rob. It looks very nice, although not quite sure what the advantage over the Speedster is apart from a lighter albeit more delicate material. I would worry about longevity. My Revo 2, although a much heavier material has lasted amazingly well.

But I guess the other dilemma if not the Revo2, then a Speedster or a Roadster2?

Have you considered the synth 2 as well? ( just to add a little more confusion to your pot.)

Super solid wing for filming and pics if that's your main thing, I recommend that you at least get a go on one :-)

SW :D

• 2 months later...
Be interesting to know how you get on with it Dan, have you test flown it?

Cheers, Alan

Hi Alan.

No test flight, in fact I've only ever flown a Revo 2, all 200+ hrs so it's a bit of a leap of faith. Mind you, my needs are modest. I'll be happy so long as it launches well in nil wind, lands slowly, fly's stable with a good glide/climb ratio, cruises around 28mph and is made with quality materials. That's all :)

I've spoken at length with someone that has one with similar requirements to me, and he's changing his after a year for exactly the same.

I could have got a Roadster 2 for a couple hundred pounds more, but to be honest the Niviuk Link sounds more up my street.

Will let you know.

Cheers