Ozone Sirocco

Rodeorider

I am a bit confused about where the Sirocco fits in. The blurb says that it’s based on the Speedster, but I didn’t get the impression that it’s just a light weight version of the Speedster. If I understood correctly, it’s more about very easy launch characteristics.

Ozone have recently brought out the Viper3 and Roadster2 and they have had great reviews, both have the much trumpeted ‘Sharknose’ technology. If this is so good, wouldn’t it be logical that the next Speedster incorporated ‘Sharknose’? There is no mention of the ‘Sharknose’ in the Sirocco blurb.

I am not knocking Ozone, on the contrary I want to buy a new Speedster, but I am reluctant to place an order because I suspect that they will bring out an updated version sometime soon.

Can anybody out there clarify?

Fly safe,

Christian

Hi

The Sirocco is a light weight version of the Speedster.. I have no news of the Speedster 2 or when it would be released.. "There is always a new wing on the horizon" :wink: so you will always be waiting for the next new wing to come out... :wink:

I have not flown one yet but i have been told the launch is easier with better handling.. Is it worth the Extra ££££ time will tell...

IMO you can not just add shark nose to a wing IE speedster and expect it too work well/better..

Morgy, thanks for taking the time to post an explanation.

Of the Sirocco, Ozone state in their brochure…..

"The Sirocco is a versatile wing; ideal for females, older aged or less fit pilots, occasional weekend warriors or anyone who finds it hard to run with a heavy engine on their back"

Of the Speedster, Ozone state on their website…..

"with a surprisingly high top speed and a general ease of use that will appeal to paramotor pilots of intermediate to advanced ability"

I think that my confusion comes from Ozone publicity material as much as anything else. It looks like the Sirocco and the Speedster are aimed at different types of pilots, which is partly why it seemed unlikely that the Sirocco was simply a light weight version of the Speedster.

Fly safe,

Christian

I also wait for a new Speedster with sharknose concept, lighter construction and a smarter tip steering system . Think for someone like me who flies a Speedster now, an upgrade to the Sirocco makes less sense

If it´s starts easy like the Roadster2 it is a nice wing for sure....