PAP to Zenith, Matrix, or Plastic Fantastic

notch

I have a 3 part PAP frame which has proved tough and reliable for the last 4 years (still on my original prop). However, I would really like a unit that fits in just one box to make travelling with family easier, now that I live in Singapore and have to cross borders to fly PPG at all.

Options are they see it are:

- 2nd hand zenith

- new Matrix Hornet

- Plastic Fantastic (http://www.paramotor-renegade.com/ cheap at USD$1700)

Is the zenith frame as strong as the PAP? The Matrix looks strong, but doubt I could get one 2nd hand!

Are there any other options? Which would you go for?

Nick

Hi Notch

The Matrix has a very strong cage hoop and legs, It does have a softer lower foot sections to absorb some impact and not transfer it to the cage unless you do have a hard one off course.. :wink:

The Cage hoop has a 5 ish mm stainless steel cable running inside to tension it and make it really ridged..

It also has a couple of really neat design features on the chassis to allow you to offset for different amounts or torque or different amounts of weight shift depending on what your doing.. Or if your just a big pilot.

I have allot of different wings so if i am going out thermalling i would set my offset to the widest setting for the most amount of weight shift, i wouldn't need much offset as i wouldn't be using much power. On the other hand if i am flying my Slalom 16m i could have it full offset to one side for max Torque compensation..

The chassis also has two attachment points for the Harness. If you a taller Pilot you could use the Lower hole to raise the whole machine up on your back and visa versa for shorter pilots..

IMO the Matrix is easier to assemble and disassemble and packs down much smaller. "a Travel Box will be available soon"

If you want a zenith you will not be disappointed but if your buying because you want a hornet engine you will be waiting a long time before Parajet bring out a Hornet Zenith... IMO

I had a Moster zenith for over a year an loved it.

Hi Notch

The Matrix has a very strong cage hoop and legs, It does have a softer lower foot sections to absorb some impact and not transfer it to the cage unless you do have a hard one off course.. :wink:

The Cage hoop has a 5 ish mm stainless steel cable running inside to tension it and make it really ridged..

It also has a couple of really neat design features on the chassis to allow you to offset for different amounts or torque or different amounts of weight shift depending on what your doing.. Or if your just a big pilot.

I have allot of different wings so if i am going out thermalling i would set my offset to the widest setting for the most amount of weight shift, i wouldn't need much offset as i wouldn't be using much power. On the other hand if i am flying my Slalom 16m i could have it full offset to one side for max Torque compensation..

The chassis also has two attachment points for the Harness. If you a taller Pilot you could use the Lower hole to raise the whole machine up on your back and visa versa for shorter pilots..

IMO the Matrix is easier to assemble and disassemble and packs down much smaller. "a Travel Box will be available soon"

If you want a zenith you will not be disappointed but if your buying because you want a hornet engine you will be waiting a long time before Parajet bring out a Hornet Zenith... IMO

I had a Moster zenith for over a year an loved it.