Another world record!!!

morgy

The New Bailey hornet Has Unofficially smashed the current world and UK time to climb too 3000m record by just under 4 minutes...

The wing used was the New 26m Ozone Viper 3

I am still waiting for this record too be ratified by the FAI

http://www.fai.org/record-microlights-paramotors

Testing so far has proven Great power easy starting and very good eco figures from this new engine...

We will hopefully be able to supply this new machine early in 2015...

Jacoolw IMO using thermals is not the best solution... If you can take off and hit the mother of all thermal then your on to a winner but your more than likely hit more sink than lift, so not the best option

IMO you need a very efficient wing and a powerful motor, One that does not suffer to much from the changes in atmospheric pressure as you climb.. thus the reason for me using the hornet over the Polini 250 "i still need to test to 250"

The hornet prototype did 3 climbs to 10,000ft in one day with no issues it has also been up over 19,000ft but due to pilot error they had to cancel the rest of the climb...

I do plan to attempt the other records in the new year..

Hi Hann

I did my attempt just up the road from my house i live in earnley and i flew over Selsey Bill, The air space used to be FL125 but after contacting the CAA it came out that it had been dropped too FL105 in August of this year. This was a surprise to me and also My contact at AUS ops... After many emails back and forth i managed to secure a 3km triangle in my area for the attempt for the whole weekend... The guys at the CAA could not have been anymore helpful. This area is very busy with flights into and out of Heathrow and gatwick...

The flight level in this area means i am very restricted with pressure anything under 1013mb and i will be very close to popping into very busy airways as i always need to go past the 3000m.

I have been told i will not be able to attempt anymore record over 3000m in this area so i will have to travel up to Paul Baileys to attempt the 6000m solo and tandem also the max altitude RPF1T 24,000ft and RPF2T 15,106ft.

We have had an email Back from RMH who looks after all the UK record claims for the BMAA. It seems all our Data is good and we should definitely get the UK and the world record after it's been ratified by the FAI...

I am looking forward to coming back to the UK and trying all the tandem and solo record...

watch this space... :lol:

The Hornet is going to be a very popular machine i recon!!! :lol: