I now have my helicopter licence :-)

All,

Today has been a big day for me. :-) I have PASSED my final skills test and now have a Helicopter licence :-) :-) :-)

This is a childhood dream come true for me and I am feeling a little overwhelmed by it at the moment LOL

Soon, we will have the ultimate toy to play with on the days when its too windy to Paramotor so it will be quids in for our students! lol

SW :D

Although I have my licence, I still have to do my conversion training so that I can fly the Rotorway. This can take up to 10 hours of air time with a max of 2 hours per day and its a couple of hours away and he only works on Saturdays.... :-(

I am in full on get it done mode though, as I have both Colins helping me at the moment to get this done which has been a massive help through the entire process to be fair! . :-)

Thanks dude!!

You will soon have the exact same feeling as I have now! :-) :-) Its a great reminder of exactly how it feels in ANY form of aviation when you finally nail it! :-)

For me Paragliding, Paramotoring, Fixed wing microlight, then helicopter..

EVERY time you feel the exact same buzz. :-) And that without any doubt is what I love about teaching people to fly!!

Simon you are a bit of a star for a number of reasons:

You host this wonderful forum/site,

You are passionate about aviation in all its forms,

You care to share your experiences for those not able to follow suit.

Well done Sir 8), it's a great achievement.

food-smiley-005.gif Alan

More interestingly where did the guinness drinking man come from! lol ;-)

Thanks mate, I hate that not everyone can fly, that's why Paramotors are so brilliant as although they are still expensive, most people can scratch together enough to get set up and with trikes and quads its not impossible for disabled people either as proven by Alex and Neil on there Africa expedition.

I wish that all forms of aviation were as accessible but having played at most now, Paramotoring is still at the top for simple ease, cost, a lack of stress allowing total involvement in the flying experience which is what were all after!