Recommendations please

Pianoman

Can anyone recommend an intermediate XC reflex wing that's easy to launch in nil wind for a 6ft 5", 120kg pilot that currently flies a Dudek Synthesis 34?

I love the 'Synth' - it's rock steady in flight and it's fast in Reflex profile but it's sooooo cumbersome to launch in nil wind. I'm no stunt man - just like the view on a XC trip.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.

Pianoman

Sent from my iPad using PMC Forum mobile app.

Ive moved to a 34 Nuc which is a little more nimble round the corners not tried to launch in a nil wind with it yet it comes up easily took a bit of getting used to again it simlar to the synth nice and solid just abit quicker. Im 120k+ pm me if we can be in same place your more thyan welcome to have a go

If you love the Synth, you should definitely try the Synth 2 or the Nucleon WRC for easy launch and great performance.

Pilots often find their old wing becoming harder to launch when the lines stretch and the wing becomes more porous. However, you'll find all of the new style wings to be very easy to launch. Unfortunately the manufacturers, dealers and friends of dealers will try to convince you that their particular brand of wing is easier to launch than everyone else's wing. Don't believe it, it's all marketing hype. The original Synth was a fantastic wing and the new one is even better, as is the WRC, so you can't go wrong with either.

Dom

Hi I have been flying the synth 34 for a year now, I purchased it new off simon in 2013 I am selling now as want something more agile as ive gained more experience. I can honestly say for such a large wing it is very friendly to launch wind or no wind , its very stable and safe. If you are interested give me a ring 07824552511

I have an Apco and personally find it ok to launch in nil wind. However, two very experienced pilot friends have found my wing very difficult to launch in light winds. One flies a Paramania GTX (he had a Revo 2 before) and the other an Ozone Roadster. The GTX, Revo 2 and Roadster all come up like a dream compared to the Apco, as does the WRC and Speedster.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I am a similar weight to you and I fly a speedster 30 and it is a great wing. Real easy to launch and really good glide rate.

It might be available for sale if u are interested, pm me.

I fly a Speedster 28 and find it real easy at takeoffs in nil wind and also kind of floaty when landing. I think there is a 33 in the Speedster so that could suit too!