3rd Party paramotor and paragliding insurance.

Most events won't allow you to fly without it, most land owners won't allow you to fly without it, most clubs won't allow you to fly without it. 

Its a done thing because it's a good idea to be able to cover the costs of accidental damage. A perfect example would be, you walk past your mates shiny new car, forgetting your a meter wide and you spank a nice scratch into it (happens) you pay the costs? Your mate gets fu**d over or you call the insurance company :-) 

there are millions of scinarios 

SW :D

All the events I go to, all the places I fly, there is never anyone asked for it. plus I never do any damage. Paramotoring is not like serious flying, like fixed wings or the like. It's just like flying a kite. very basic harmless stuff. you guys are too serious.

• Downvote 1

That's very laid back of you. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, I guess not being in the UK makes a difference. The thing is in the UK is there is no legal requirement but most will ask for it said above. So in the UK if you want to have some real fun with your paramotor you need it. 

Conventional private aircraft don't by law require insurance in the UK either, though you'd be hard pressed to find any that do not have cover.  Most licenced airports won't allow an aircraft to take off without insurance (though in my experience they never ask to see it).  I'm reasonably laid-back about the importance of it - it depends how more likely you think it is that you will cause expensive damage to other people while pursuing your hobby than you are when doing other stuff that is not covered by insurance.  It hardly seems worthwhile to have rescue cover of a measly 2500 Euro.

Hello all.

I've been lurking for ages whilst training, but it's time I came out of the woodwork.

I've recently completed my ground training and will be taking to the skies soon. As such, insurance looms high on my agenda. 

Looking at the Alan Thomas offering, it states 'Cover is only available to those that have met the training requirements of The Paramotor Club'. As I trained independantly, how do I meet these?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to further posts regarding my first flight and sorting out the font size ;)

Hi Scott, and welcome to the non lurking side of the forum :-)

Please do give me a call so I can get more info on your training and flying hours, where you are based e.t.c :-) 

Normally, (assuming no other aviation license in place) an air law exam (either verbal or written) and a quick flight will do it. It's more important that you know your air law than it is to be a slick pilot. 

Number in signature :-) 

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 14:20, unwind-protect said:

I sit corrected.  It must be a relatively new regulation - it was not required about 15 years ago when I bought an aircraft, which surprised me at the time (though I got full hull insurance as is the norm).