A call from FCT.

All,

I had a call from the Forces Childrens Trust founder today.

He spent a while talking about the recent chats on this forum and wished us all the best of luck.

He then went on to tell me about a new problem which has popped up that it seems they are dealing with......

It seems that the mothers or farthers of the Children who have lost a parent to war are having to pay for there children to get phsychological treatment / help to help them with the loss of a parent.

The Tip to Tip will have a very direct and positive response to this problem.

I will think of this on the flight to keep me going.

SW :D

• 1 month later...

WTF is happening here?.

When I got injured in 1982 I was sent to a Military Hospital in Bucks. A fantastic place. A two year recovery was made a lot easier with the help of the staff there. It seems that most military hospitals have now been closed and sold off? The one I was in is now a housing estate?

A neighbour's son was recently sent back from the middle east with a limb loss injury. His reward for his dedication was to be put in a West Midlands general hospital in a bed next to another patient of middle eastern origin who's family spat at him while visiting their relative!

On top of that he is also now suspected of having MRSA!

This is getting ludicrous!

WTF is happening here?.

When I got injured in 1982 I was sent to a Military Hospital in Bucks. A fantastic place. A two year recovery was made a lot easier with the help of the staff there. It seems that most military hospitals have now been closed and sold off? The one I was in is now a housing estate?

all of them have, including Haslar, just one of the many examples of betrayal of the services by the integrity-challenged pygmies we allow to rule us, and the same lack of honesty that sees Gurhas shafted and enemies smarmed upon.

A neighbour's son was recently sent back from the middle east with a limb loss injury. His reward for his dedication was to be put in a West Midlands general hospital in a bed next to another patient of middle eastern origin who's family spat at him while visiting their relative!

Would it be cynical of me to suspect that:

a. No significant action took place against any members of the spitting family, and

b. If it had been the other way round and the serviceman casualty's visitor had spat at the middle eastern patient it would have been a case of instant "mind yer fingers, you're nicked" >SLAM<

For some reason, the political class seem puzzled by the contempt in which they are almost universally held.

which is of course why we should do our best to support organisations like the Forces Children's Trust who work to provide through charitable donations and volunteeer efforts the succour to the children of Armed Forces families that should be theres by right in any truly civilised society.