Sverige Paramotor - Sweden amazing news!

All, as you may may not know Pete an I are currently in Sweden running a paramotor club instructors course :-) what you won't know is that for the last two years on and off I have been talking to the Swedish aviation authorities about it :-)

As a result, we 'the paramotor club' are now officially the 'licence' issuing body for all of Sweden. (Where a licence IS a requirement of the law.)

This is huge! Now one is on board some of the other people / countries I have been talking to will soon start to follow suit I hope.

Needless to say, I am a very happy chap! :-) :-)

SW :D

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

• Upvote 1

Thanks chaps :-)

Every one of you has played a part by becoming a member and supporting the club. For that I thank you! :-)

We will be able to run holidays here now as well, which is great news. !!  :-)

Its an awesome place with awesome people!

We had a meeting today and covered a number of matters that are relevant to any PCOM (Paramotor Club) students (anyone taught by a PMC instructor)

1. FIA licence. (we will soon be able to issue FIA licences for Paramotoring.)

2. We can already issue Swedish licences (also good for Germany)

3. We are now talking to the Swedish insurance companies who offer, 3rd party, accident cover, and kit cover... They are excited to hear from us as you would expect.

4. We are looking at a combined membership option where all of the above insurance will be provided at point of membership.

LOADS more was talked about and actions for both side have been set. We will have another meeting in around 2 months time.

• 2 years later...

I'm going to be making regular trips to sweden.  not a paramotorist yet but i googled if i could fly a PM in sweden and this is the first thing link that pops up.  I'm even more encouraged by this news.  Once i'm flying in the uk, whats involved in getting me airborne in Sweden or is it easier (paperwork wise) to learn there so that i start off with their licence?

Cheers

• Upvote 1