Simmo mini plus 2 starting issues.

ganers

As above, I'm having a few difficulties, it's a bugger to start because prong it can leave it flooded or starved. The plug looks spot on, but if you start it it runs fine but if stopped for a short time it's a get to start and needs priming again.

I certainly wouldn't want to turn off in flight cause you'd not get it going again. It's a walbro carb, is this normal or does it ring any bells with anyone.

Cheers Lee.

Not sealing and allowing duel to run back. Take the pin out of a pop robot that fits the hole and hammer the head of the ricotta flat, take the plate off insert robot job done no need for a spring.

That's how I do all mine and never had any problems

Sent from my iPhone 6 prototype using PMC Forum mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd finish this thread off for anyone searching through in future.

Rowena carbs were brilliant ( thanks again Pete) full service kit for about £13. Found a fair bit of muck in the inside filters, changed the diaphragm and added the modification for priming.

Now starting is much easier, runs better too and seems to rev higher. All sweet and flies lovely.

Cheers Lee.

Errm I may have spoke too soon.

Once started the motor runs great with loads of power.

But sometimes if I stop it the bloody thing won't start at all. Other times kicks right up. The plug colour looks good and there's plenty of fuel getting to it.

But it's as if it's flooding or there's no spark sometimes because it just turns over. Other times it tries to kick every now and then but won't start.

Pumping the throttle sometimes helps others it doesn't.

I've changed the diaphragm and filters so far but don't have a clue where to start. I know the description is a bit vague but any ideas of where to start from would be appreciated.

Cheers Lee.