Southend Airspace Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

A couple of years back i made the mistake of flying into Southend Airspace to which I duly owned up, after an investigation and subsquent visit to ATC at Southend a relationship with Southend ATC was struck.

Back in November 2013 i was contacted by Southend and invited to a meeting regarding the intended application for a CTA over Southend Airport which would take in my flying site, in Jan 2014 I was informed that Southend were to apply for a RMZ as the number of airspace infringments was growing although only a couple were Paramotors, mine included.

To this with Southend ATC managment and myself a deal was negotiated and from this a Letter Of Agreement (LOA) was drawn up and I signed on the doted line Friday this allows me to allow the flying of Paramotors from within the Southend RMZ/CTA from my field nicely aptly "Neilzy's field" there is of course restrictions which are included in the agreemant and anyone flying from my field will have to firstly have my permisson to fly and be made aware of the restrictions.

This is a legal binding agreement between me and Southend Airport which is accepted by the CAA, so from something that initially was mistake things worked out well.

And more importantly it allows me to continue flying from my lovely field........

LOA.JPG.b6f0418fdad1b43d98c075bf71c9c390

WTF guys...

This is a brilliant result for all of you if you would just kick one another in the bollox, get drunk and tell each other that you 'fking love you man'

The past is water under the bridge, life moves on, so should you all.

ANYONE could have asked for permission but only he did. I think that shows a good level of communication with professional aviators and that also, not to give up and that asking does not always mean no.

All good as far as I can see.

I don't think his 1 'self admitted' infringement would for 1 second have been the cause of the RMZ.

This is my my view from the outside of it all but hey... If you would rather hate and scorn crack on gents.

SW :D

It would be good Nielzy is you posted up the details of your contact and the details of the Agreement for your Fellow flyers in Essex, May be they could use this information to contact CAA. We are also facing a very similar problem with the new Farnborough airspace.. So i would be interested in this aggrement as well.

I'm sure what you have posted is correct, Why would anyone post this if it was not true... I am surprised they let you fly from an ATC without Communication with the ATC @ at Large and Busy airport..

Mark any time you would like to come and look at the agreement I'm happy to meet with you and discuss it openly, as for contact I would always start with ATC management as I did they are always willing to listen and help. feel free to contact me for any advice I can offer with dealing with ATC

Morgy,

As odd as indeed it does seem, Pete and I were recently give permission to fly into the Great Yarmouth ATZ which is a super busy north sea helicopter taxi rank basically.

Often all it takes to get the ball rolling is a simple phone call and a set of accurate information to hand about your intended flying patterns. (or they will give you that info)

In the Past, Lands End ATZ let us through and a few others along the way. :-)

I'm not saying they did not give him permission..

It seems like the Essex Boy have an issue with each other... So why not post up the details for all too read...

Nielzy Thanks for the offer but i'm Not driving almost 2 hours just too ready a bit of paper.. Why not post up the details..

LOL

That's most likely the best way to sort it out :-)

Unfortunately we only have a giant scalextric for them to duel it out on. lol (which could make it worse!) lol

Thou shal uth not ut drop uth anything other than

A) fine sand

B) water

Or words to that effect :-)

Not to mention thou shall not uth shoot stuff from an aircraft

Or words to that effect :-)

Tis indeed very naughty.....and it's been done. I've seen a video on youtube

I'd also be worried about the odd air rifle pellet (or more powerful) coming upwards. I've heard suggestion of it locally. One of the reasons I cruise above a thousand feet. And it gives more time to throw the laundry if things went wrong