O dear.... another hit in the media for the wrong reasons.

It's a difficult subject this.

I don't think we're anymore annoying to nesting birds than we are to anything else we fly near. Birds tend to ignore us. Every now and then, a few fly very close to and even in formation with us!

However, that said, I've looked at lots of pilots videos on YouTube and I've noticed that lots of people seem to flout the 500ft rule! I'm told by a more experienced pilot that fines for breaking the 500ft clearance rule are severe yet I've never heard of anyone receiving or even being threatened with one.

If this idiot pilot was truly slaloming between boat masts then he needs a good slap! That kind of behaviour is only ever going to piss people off, disturb the peace and turn people against us!

On the other hand, I've also heard examples where 'killjoys' make malicious allegations against Paramotor pilots just because they don't like what we do in what the killjoys perceive to be 'their back yard'.

We should all make an effort to avoid flying too near to any place that is likely to piss people off but at the same time, no matter how cautious we are, there'll always be some miserable old git that thinks we're the spawn of the Devil!

Some pilots however, definitely need to remind themselves of the law in order to keep the rest of us with a good and responsible reputation!

Pianoman

Sent from my iPad using PMC Forum mobile app.

It's a difficult subject this.

I don't think we're anymore annoying to nesting birds than we are to anything else we fly near. Birds tend to ignore us. Every now and then, a few fly very close to and even in formation with us!

However, that said, I've looked at lots of pilots videos on YouTube and I've noticed that lots of people seem to flout the 500ft rule! I'm told by a more experienced pilot that fines for breaking the 500ft clearance rule are severe yet I've never heard of anyone receiving or even being threatened with one.

If this idiot pilot was truly slaloming between boat masts then he needs a good slap! That kind of behaviour is only ever going to piss people off, disturb the peace and turn people against us!

On the other hand, I've also heard examples where 'killjoys' make malicious allegations against Paramotor pilots just because they don't like what we do in what the killjoys perceive to be 'their back yard'.

We should all make an effort to avoid flying too near to any place that is likely to piss people off but at the same time, no matter how cautious we are, there'll always be some miserable old git that thinks we're the spawn of the Devil!

Some pilots however, definitely need to remind themselves of the law in order to keep the rest of us with a good and responsible reputation!

Pianoman

Sent from my iPad using PMC Forum mobile app.