Which paramotor is Uk most favourite?

miromst

Most popular? At fly-ins I would say Bailey and Parajet as they are the older UK manufacturers, Bulldog is making an impression and all are UK manufacturers.

Miniplane is popular as for a while it was the only real light machine for smaller pilots.

PAP had always been popular for years, things have moved on now and more competition has chomped away at their share of the market.

Air Conceptions seem popular from my point of view :)

Four strokes are heaver yes.. Until you factor in the fuel for a flight...

Put the same pilot on the same wing with a 2 stroke or a four and the four will always burn less!!!

If you want an XC machine 4 stroke is the way to go...

Is a Bailey V5 really 27.5kg - only 1.5kg heavier than my Bulldog Moster?

That figure is `dry`, but i don`t think half a litre of oil would add much.

There`s bugger-all to the Moster engine, i`m surprised the V5 engine doesn`t add more weight than that, unless they`ve shaved a lot off elsewhere.....

• 3 months later...
The Quoted figure for the V5 is 27.5kg...

The Bull dog chassis is Heavy.. but very tuff....

I have not weighed the new V5S with the lighter Eprop and Ozone Harness Yet.

I have just moved my Bailey engine from a zenith frame to the bailey v5 one and i weighed it as 28kg with oil in but now fuel or reserve. What surprised me is its 3kg lighter than when it was in the zenith frame.

Paul, Why did you moved from the Zenith frame?

I only have a small Berlingo and it was taking me far longer to setup and breakdown compared to my friend with normal cage quarters.

I then had the opportunity to buy a V5 frame second hand so thought i would swap my engine and see if i prefer it.

There are pros and cons to both, on balance i will probably keep it in the Bailey frame as i mainly do XC flights. The Zenith is more agile and offers more weight shift than the Bailey but the Bailey is more comfortable for longer flights.

Mainly it was due to being bored over winter :)