Do I...don't I !

Starting microlight lessons v.Soon, it's a tough one to make but had a trial flight last week and I've got the bug! Love the paramotoring but mostly always seems like parawaiting!

Inbox if you have an interest and I'll explain there what I have. :wingover:

......... but mostly always seems like parawaiting!

Inbox if you have an interest and I'll explain there what I have. :wingover:

Used to to a lot of 'Parawaiting' when I first started flying, but more experience and better understanding of the weather has led to me just going flying when the conditions are right.... Saves a lot of time, and reduces frustration..

......... but mostly always seems like parawaiting!.....

Used to to a lot of 'Parawaiting' when I first started flying, but more experience and better understanding of the weather has led to me just going flying when the conditions are right.... Saves a lot of time, and reduces frustration..

Couldn't agree more Gordon! Although I've been flying 7yrs and the weather still frustrates me, especially when trying to plan a flying session around work and family commitments which as most will know is a mare! I do fancy the chance of being able to fly two up and make some ground in a day, microlighting does have a much bigger flying window, whether the ground is soaking wet or even blowing a fair amount as I found out last week, I often hear them taking off where I live to know I'm already blown/rained out for paramotoring!If I could afford to have all my flying gear sat in storage I'll keep it BUT it's a fair amount of money sitting there whilst I'm out flying to the coast, two up!

The only downside to Microlighting compared to Paramotoring is a) cost - it's a lot more expensive to outlay in the 1st place. And b) airfields are fewer to come by - I think you're more flexible with paramotoring.

It's great fun though - tried it a few years ago - if a Microlight wasn't so expensive, I'd do both tomorrow!

Pianoman

Sent from my iPad using PMC Forum mobile app.

Yeah is more expensive but cheap in the way of two up flying at 60-70mph to the coast! :-) who's know I'll start my training and see where it takes me! Quite handy that the ctr is 2mins from my home and hangars are cheap.

I have just learned to fly a Microlight and recently passed :-)

It is unlikely that I will actually fly a microlight again LOL

I did it so that I could fly my quad which I love to bits!

The C42 was a little boring after the first 20 hours to be honest and you still get bounced about like a crisp packet on a bumpy day.

I purchased a Jabiru 450... and as soon as I had finished the bulk of my training I sold it again. Planes / microlights are just not my thing I suppose.

SW :D

I used to do a lot of flex wing microlight flying, hang glider and trike type as oppose to the small Cessna type, it really is great fun and the modern machines are very fast, however when I decided to get back into flying a couple if years ago I had flights in both types of microlights to revalidate my licence and a Paramotor course back to back to see which I preferred and to weigh up the pros and cons of both.

Whist it's true the weather window is bigger for some microlights and modern machines are a lot faster so you can go places, they are a lot of money to buy, run and keep, maintenance and storage is also a big cost factor.

If you speak to most pilots and ask them where they go in their machines I bet most will tell you that they stay local to the airfield and just bimble about in nice conditions that are very similar to the conditions we fly in.

You are able to take an additional victim with you if you like, in the 4 or 5 years I flew them I must have done it at least 6 times, again the ideas great but the reality is quite different.

It is a great sport and like the Paramotor community, a very friendly scene with lots of similar minded people about that are very keen to help, I chose paramotoring over microlighting and I've managed to fly in more conditions, from more areas and seen more interesting things than I did in the microlight.

Foot dragging on the beach and skimming low over the hedges with the wind in your face is a real blast an an experience that you will be hard pressed to beat.

Be open minded about both types of flying, if you can afford it learn both and see which one you prefer after a bit of flying.

Just my couple of pennies worth at silly o'clock in the morning!

Badger

Good reply Badger...food for thought for sure! Like you said, do some training and see where it takes me. I do love the paramotoring and foot dragging fields(no sand nr me!!) Low flying is a blast! We'll see where this summer takes me but the idea of travelling/flying faster etc is still up on the cards for me! 8)