Side mount reserve on Parajet Volution

Steve

I want to put my reserve on the side so I can use a better flight deck on the front. I have a Parajet Volution mk2 but the Parajet zip on pocket container doesn't fit my version. Any suggestions of a side mounted container which will fit well to the Volution gratefully received.

Yes, I thought that. But two things , you can use the clips they provide aswell (actually the clips don't look nearly as manly as a few heavy duty cable ties.) and secondly, obviously this is only the container not the reserve itself. All it's got to do is hold the weight of the reserve and stay put if you have to tug the handle.

BTW,the clip is that plastic luggage type fastener you can see in the middle and there's another at the LH end, a bit more hidden

I'd make up some 20mm webbing straps with three bars slides to hold it on for peace of mind. I wouldn't fancy trusting something designed to tidy cables in a crisis (they can get brittle after a while too).

Are the Fastex type clips for front mounting it?

I have checked this mounting and it is way better than some I have seen for sure.

The only job is to secure the outer bad and hold the weight of the reserve.

Patrick's set up will hold about 50x the weight of the reserve.

if were getting tarty, then yes it could be made to look tidy but please do tell me where the safety issue is Morgy??

SW :D

Patrick,

I trust that you will understand that it is very easy for people to criticise others. (more so when via pictures on the internet)

For some reason, your reserve 'although safe as houses' looks a little messy maybe we can add some tinsel or fluffy fur to tart it up a bit to keep people happy. :-)

I have seen it in the flesh.... I am happy that it is suitable and safe. The person who started the Big Fat Repack (or two people) are both very very good friends of mine... they have both flown my compact with a very similar set up on more than one occasion so I think that says it all.

One of those people started the big fat repack because his dad died due to a failed reserve deployment.

I can put you directly in touch with both of those people Patrick ( I am happy too ) You need to be confident when flying and I hope this does not effect yours.

See you soon !

Simon, I'm quite happy and I don't want any tinsel or fluffy stuff!

I'm no expert , in the Paramotoring field, but I am an Engineer with 35 years experience. The bag needs to be fixed to support its own weight (including the weight of the reserve), not be dislodged by the normal use of the paramotor including lugging it in and out of transport, to offer enough resistance to have the handle pulled without becoming dislodged and finally to be fixed in a way that will not allow accidental deployment of the reserve.

It's fixed with the clips provided for the purpose and for good measure it's fixed with a further 3 pairs of cable ties.

That would seem adequate to me.

In that Photo the Reserve vertical is only attached with one clip (centre) the others are attached via cable ties.

If this is not the case "i take it back" but that does look like a bodge... and unsafe... Cable tie's are not very good with the cold and do become brittle and can wear easily without you knowing...

There are many places to attach a reserve "i have mine attached too the swing arm.. BUT lower down.

Having it that high IMO will get in the way.. It also stops you getting your arms tucked in on an XC..

If your happy with it Thats all that matters i guess... :roll:

I know from vast miles on a Parajet Macro with a reserve fitted in this place (same set up exactly) that it does not cause any getting in the way issues :-)

With this combination of kit, it works perfectly :-)

Patrick, I think Morgy is using a different Paramotor hence the 'lower down' comment.

Fine, I've haven't noticed mine getting in the way, I must say, but was just interested to see what he meant.

By the way, because it is difficult to judge just from the written word, and to be clear, none of this , the comments or counter comments have had any affect on my confidence or caused me any concern, it's just the engineer' s inquisitive nature and I treat it all as part of the learning process.

• 3 weeks later...