Throat microphones

Hello everyone

I wonder if anyone could tell me which is the best throat mic to buy. I only need the mic, rather than a full headset, because I intend using the peltors on my existing helmet so I'll just cut the wires and scrap the stalk mic and join in the new throat mic.

Also, do you know if the two pin on the kenwood is the same as the two pin jack on the Allinco 193 ?

I'd thank anyone with usefull information

Dave govier

www.throatmicmart.co.uk

I use the Firefox Extreme from the company above. They are a little more pricey than the cheapies from ebay but they have the benefit of 2 voice pick ups rather than 1 and an adjustable neck fitting. I find the 2 sound tubes (one to each ear whereas most others only have one) work just great under a pair of ear defenders and I get no interference.

thanks Vn23b

The site you gave me didn't work but I googled a bit and found your Firefox extreme has been replaced by the vanquish, with a single pickup but double ear tubes. I've not used those before but it does say the Vanquish has a socket so you can plug in your own peltor system if desired

Dave Govier

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Farmer Dave,

Must have missed the end of your post last I read it ref: the kenwood/ alinco two pin plug. I think I'm right in saying that they are different as in the pins on the kenwood plug are slightly further apart, enough to stop then goin into alinco holes, there may be a difference in the wiring of the respective plugs but I would only be guessing on that one ( no pointy hat and cape you see).

Another web site that sells all different kinds of comms headsets is here www.ixcessory.com they are pretty cheap and about 4/5 days for delivery.

Hope that is usefull and not too late .

Cheers Col

Hi Farmer Dave,

Must have missed the end of your post last I read it ref: the kenwood/ alinco two pin plug. I think I'm right in saying that they are different as in the pins on the kenwood plug are slightly further apart, enough to stop then goin into alinco holes, there may be a difference in the wiring of the respective plugs but I would only be guessing on that one ( no pointy hat and cape you see).

Cheers Col

Had the same problem and I went along to Maplins with the relevant radio and headset and sweet talked 'em until they let me try several of their adapters until I got the right one - about a fiver it was and works a treat.