old guy wants to fly

Ladies/Gents,

Your advice would be most welcome, although I’m sure somewhere on this forum these questions have been asked many times.

I’m a 55 yr old guy who has this on his to do list before he dies (bit sombre I know) :D but there we are.

I’ve had a couple of very basic lessons in paragliding (not been off the ground) but this entailed almost a 200 mile round journey, this was mainly to do with a British weather that I never got further.

Question1:

Is it best to learn how to paraglide properly first before moving on to paramotoring, or go straight into a paramotoring course?

Question2:

If its best to learn how to paraglide first, I’ve been looking at http://www.flyspain.co.uk/

Any reviews/advise about taking something like this up?

Many thanks in advance

Ian

From one old guy (58) to another....No and No. Go straight to Paramotoring. Although I did have some old paragliding experience it counted for very little

If you want chapter and verse of the journey, see my blog on this site.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8918

If you don't, just get signed up, straight away. Weather is just starting to turn , now. In fact if you found somewhere to learn committed next week to getting started it is a real possibility you will be in the air by next weekend. I started on a Sunday and flew the next Saturday.

I'm based on Anglesey, North Wales.......had a few days with Steve @ Mid Wales Paramotoring in Aberystwyth, enjoyed what I did and Steve was brilliant.....just the weather let us down.

Ian

I trained with Steve Griff a few years ago, he's a top man. It's almost certain he'll be out teaching all this week with the weather looking good so give him a call. He has school motors and wings to use. Good luck :D