Help Choosing Equipment Please! :)

Michaelt

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a gcse in engineering, but it was a c, might be a bit dodgy ;) but no worries, I am sure I could do that, and my brother fixes rc planes so he will have the tools! Haha and poor Dave !

I would be happy to test fly it, you can have the prop like I said its no good to me and has just sat here in my office for years.

the engine mounts are easy to change, I did mine, not that there was anything wrong with them, but you know what its like when you got a new toy :D

I have a gcse in engineering, but it was a c, might be a bit dodgy ;) but no worries, I am sure I could do that, and my brother fixes rc planes so he will have the tools! Haha and poor Dave !

D

Maybe a good idea if possible Dave? Experienced pilot to text it would be helpful! :) thanks! And cheers! I will owe you a pint at a flyin for the prop then! :P

Just spoke to one parent, they approved, waiting for the man of the house to get home and I will let you all know! However I do need to contact this other chap to discuss training tomorrow, and hopefully by this weekend we could all organise something if that is okay with both of you? :)

Just spoke to one parent, they approved, waiting for the man of the house to get home and I will let you all know! However I do need to contact this other chap to discuss training tomorrow, and hopefully by this weekend we could all organise something if that is okay with both of you? :)

that's fine mate, just give me a shout :D

Just noticed one of us has the arms on the wrong side :-)

Did yours have a tendency to go round corners a lot?

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

when I bought them the latter type arms were only available for the ross motor, wich turns the opposite direction, therefore I fitted them upside down so the offset was correct, flew straight and true :D

While im waiting to speak to my dad tonight and Paul about training, i probs should start looking at equiptment i will need! is it reccomended i use a gps? maybe Garmin? and does anyone use skydemon? :) Thanks

worry about that stuff later mate, just get the basic kit for now. :D

Forget the reserve for now, you won't be flying in conditions that might require it. And it's just added weight and complexity.

Your helmet is a personal taste/ cost thing. But you want good protection from behind so no pushbike lids.

Legally you need some form of altimeter. And an up to date air chart of your local area. Strong boots and a flying suit. And finally gloves that have "feel" to them.

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

Thanks!

I have a flying suit ( thanks dave!) and plenty of thermals and ski jumpers, boots, im gonna use my old sports army boots as they have ankle supports. Helmet, all seem pricey? :) charts, i'll get one sunday from my airfield when i go to work :) other than that! sounds sorted :)

Oh! Gloves!! i have raynaud's which basically means my hands and feet are crap and freeze when under 10 degree's, what do people recommend for heated gloves and feet warmers? :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Instead of a new thread, thought id post on here!

Looking to buy a helmet, does anyone know if the Ozone helmet is any good?

Secondly, is the Etrex HCX gps any good? if so, does it require internet, or is it a set gps, turn it on and it picks up signal? i dont know anything about gps, other than i need one that displays my alt, direction and preferably maps and it seems cheap! :)

Cheers