Help Choosing Equipment Please! :)

Michaelt

Hi Everyone,

After many years, i am almost ready to go! I am about to purchase a Dk Whisper GT and a Airwave Sport from an ex paramotor instructor at my local airfield who has said he will train me on it at the field and the motor and wing included for £2500 which to me is a bargain! But now i need to finish up getting equipment such as a helmet/headset, alti/velo and a reserve, but i am unsure where to start! I don't have much left in the pockets and i want to spend most on a reserve, but i am unsure where to start and look! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Mike

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks! I have a flying suit kindly given to me by Dave from here two years ago, and i was thinking of using my old army sport boots with it? i just need to find a helmet... nothing fancy, just to get me going! any makes? and is it not a good idea to always have a reserve? or not? :L

I had a DK Whisper GT.

I don't know if they still can do it, but Parajet converted mine into a full blown Parajet Volution! They bought the rights to the DK I think.

Only slight downer (for me anyways) is that it is high hang point. But still a great bit of kit.

Have fun and fly safe.

Mike. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well that sounds great! do you mind if i ask how much they charged you? please :P not sure something i could do straight away as i am only just reaching enough to get basic equipt and the machine itself, but sounds like a mean upgrade! does anyone have any comments on the airwave wing? originally a paraglider wing but he hardly used it

Hi

Have you purchased the Airwave Sport Yet ?

I have an Airwave sport (L) thats my free flying wing and the manual states its not suitable for Motorized Flight.

I have the Sport 1 but I have checked all the Sport Manuals up to the Sport 5 and they all say the Same NOT SUITABLE FOR MOTORIZED FLIGHT.

My Paramotor wings are Dudek

Enjoy & Be Safe

Paul

Just another idea... Does the helmet have to be these big expensive helmets with headsets for £250, or can i get away with a well made helmet for a slither of that and just use sound cancelling inear earpieces to listen to my receiver for local traffic and training etc.? any rules on this or is it just to be safe?

The airwave Sport has an OPTIONAL set of power risers.

You can buy them from UKairsports for about £150 but I would assume they are already fitted if being supplied with a paramotor. DO check this fact with the seller.

SW :D

I have his number so i'll will contact him about these things, i am sure he has, but if not i guess i'll have to get that sorted as well! more money :P and no worries Mike! I will take a look at there website out of interest and let you know if i spot something :P

Paul Brian near Kings Lynn ( nickname, Pinky ) he's an ex paraglider comp and then paramotor instructor, has given it a break recently.. i found him online somewhere, just looking now! I know him well anyway and he is a good friend, we work together at the local airfield and he's forever trying to get wings out at the airfield, if it wasn't for our poor weather recently!

a very good question Clive.

Simon

I flew the Airwave under power in my early days, but I would not recommend it to train with.

Before I flew a Paramotor I had been paragliding for over 5 years so I knew what to expect from a wing when things start to go a bit funny.

But can you ask these questions to someone whos going to sell you the kit and offer you some sort of Training?

Have you looked into Training with a school on their kit before you even think of investing?

Fly before you Buy :D

Paul

I understand where you are all coming from, just so none of you missed it, posted the instructor on the previous page before this one, as i know how easy it is to miss posts yardyar :P But i guess not, if i am completely honest, i am just struggling to pull together £2500 at home with my parents and grandparents putting in everything they can, i can't afford to spend £1100 on training and still get a wing and motor etc. For me this is perfect, as long as it doesn't kill me! 17 year old sixth form student is never a wealthy time of life :P

I love your passion and the motor is a great low budget option. I am also certain that the wing is not a great 'safe' wing for paramotor use. It pains me to say it dude but you may just have to keep saving for a while or do a better deal and find a better option for a wing :-) there are some great second hand paragliding wings on the market which can be used with a paramotor. :-)

Your almost there!!! :-)

SW :D

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

Micheal a friend of mine has a eagle genie wing for sale, it's an early semi reflex design by mike Campbell jones , fast enough to handle more lively conditions and slow and stable enough for a beginner to gain confidence on

It's in great nick and he only wants £250 for it

It's a proper motor wing and a far better option than the one you have been offered

Micheal a friend of mine has a eagle genie wing for sale, it's an early semi reflex design by mike Campbell jones , fast enough to handle more lively conditions and slow and stable enough for a beginner to gain confidence on

It's a proper motor wing and a far better option than the one you have been offered

I like the sound of that! although im worried if i buy a separate wing, whether he would still do the deal on the motor and training! unless i can pick up a motor for £900 and do the proper training with Chilly or UKPPG? any thoughts!? Also, how do i contact this fella?

Cheers!

PS: still have everything you gave me 3 years ago and the flying suit fits me great! thanks again :)

I like the sound of that! although im worried if i buy a separate wing, whether he would still do the deal on the motor and training! unless i can pick up a motor for £900 and do the proper training with Chilly or UKPPG? any thoughts!? Also, how do i contact this fella?

Cheers!

PS: still have everything you gave me 3 years ago and the flying suit fits me great! thanks again :)

No worries mate, if you are interested in the wing let me know, its a guy I work with so see him most days, he was flying it up until recently when he bought a reaction.