Is Simonini Evo 2 good tandom trike?

jaydev

How good is simonini evo2 as a tandem trike engine? Company claims that it is built for the same purpose.

But general survey on you tube and other web sites shows ppl use quite heavy motors for tandem trke like Rotax 503 oy Hirth.

The simonini has not specified the the weight range it is built for and climb rate.

If reflex wings like paramenia taxi requires more powerful motors which are the good tandem wings to be used with less powerful engines?

We tandem foot launch with the evo and its got a good climb rate, it would depend on your all up weight/wing type as to the climb rate.

We have a synth cabrio 46 which is a fast take off run and heavy to pull up but is super fast in the air, our main wing we use now is a Ozone magnum-1 41 its a nice take off speed and its not too slow in the air.

Pete

Are you building the trike out of cast iron? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

Hahah No spigot, A friend of mine who is in fabrication business is building one for me, He told quad design is better than trike and with suspension the estimate was around 70-80 kg.

I have to ask...

Are you UK based, if so, are you aware of the law regarding tandem trikes / quads?

SW :D

simonW no I am India based pilot, there is no rule for paramotoring till date. Its not considered as aircraft and hence no regulations on taking tandems.

Thanks Pete

So even with the trike of around 80kg-90kg my weight is 80kg+ passenger will be 70-90kg, will be the same engine good as foot launch?

Which wing would you suggest for me?

I would get a large non reflex tandem wing and dont use small wheels on the quad.

80-90 kilo trike/quad. is that with the engine

I have to ask...

Are you UK based, if so, are you aware of the law regarding tandem trikes / quads?

simonW no I am India based pilot, there is no rule for paramotoring till date. Its not considered as aircraft and hence no regulations on taking tandems.

Awesome! :-)

Thanks Pete

So even with the trike of around 80kg-90kg my weight is 80kg+ passenger will be 70-90kg, will be the same engine good as foot launch?

Which wing would you suggest for me?

I would get a large non reflex tandem wing and dont use small wheels on the quad.

80-90 kilo trike/quad. is that with the engine

Yes 80-90 kg is with engine, cage and harness.