Is this suitable as first Paramotor?

paul2289

I am looking for a Paramotor to start my flying career on.

I have seen this on ebay which is quite close to where I live. It fits my budget. I weight 72kg and have read it *should* have enough power and looking at the guy in the photos is a larger chap than me :)

It is a PAP Top80

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191074203432

On the face of it does it look okay?*

* I know all the normal caveats about buying a second hand motor but I am more interested in the capabilities of the engine and if it would be suitable, obviously I would have to satisfy myself it has been looked after etc.

Sorry Paul....I can't answer your question.

I just want to comment on the reason the guy is selling it.....he prefers free flying ( which I can relate to...as I do too), but he has not bothered to switch the engine off and free fly sites that are not usually available to free flyers?

I am gobsmacked that this guy has not discovered the full potential of both motorised and free flight.

Just my thoughts....once again Paul I apologise for hijacking your thread.....happy flying.

Cheers,

Rob.

Just my thoughts....once again Paul I apologise for hijacking your thread.....happy flying.

No problem hijacking all comments are valued :)

In my heart of hearts I really want to buy new so I know it has been properly run in and looked after but I cant quite get that amount of expenditure past the wife :wink:

Also do quite a few people use their motor as a way of finding lift and staying up longer? As I am going straight into a CP (Power) course with no hill flying experience I imagine I will not be taught much soaring skills?