Paratrike Dual Training to NPPL(M) . Students wanted!

paratrike

The BMAA used to have instructors and training systems for Paramotors but it went belly up a few years ago.

I was told that I did not actually have to join the BMAA when I did my NPPL ? I think I just had to pay them to sort my licence out as a one off.

SW :D

#Clipped for spacesaving/relevancy #

Gilo's business was already doing very well :-) I have been involved from the very start at Parajet and watched the huge effect that the Everest mission had on sales and just 'getting the sport out there'

It was basically the first ever global show of 'Paramotors' to the public.

As I say, I know you are not alone with thinking BG is a dick but I bet you cant find me someone who has met him for any amount of time who would say the same :-)

SW :D

I think you may be right about finding someone who has met him for any amount of time who would say the same :-) but most people tend to avoid his kind of persona...... I am all for mixing with wacky folk ( which is why I am good friends with Maurice Kirk ) but Bear is about as false as breast implants.

I have attached a video from a fellow microlighter who sums up Bear succinctly, though I disagree with his views on Gilo. Generally he seems to dislike paramotors passe, so I think it would be interesting to see opinion on his video.

http://youtu.be/DfJAilmMUls

I think your fellow microlighter is hurting inside, either because his mother didn't show him enough love as a child. Or his father (assuming he knows him) showed him far too much.

Please don't soil a pleasant forum with such pointless drivel again.

I lost count at 76 but did anyone else count how many times he said "bollox"?

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

Hi Ferryair

Yes the BMAA do a reduced membership fee for students. Worth knowing because it saves a bit of dosh. To get the student membership of £50 you need your instructor to support your application. Simple process. I like your thought of spreading the cost.

Let us know how you get on with the Summit, our club have some history going back many years with them. I've seen one or two of these from time to time over the years. Post some pics when you get it.

I had a similar issue with my wing registration.. The BMAA technical office, offered me some advice on this, after I was not patient enough and found another more expensive way to do it. So might be worth investigating further with them.

The legal stance on your licence might need a bit more of a look at. That is not the whole picture I'm afraid and you will need differences training on type unless you already have it?. Talk to your instructor about it. It's really easy to do. If you are still having difficulties ask them to contact me.

We have a Paratrike club and all of our members are also members of the BMAA. We find it works well and have nothing but good things to say about them. Especially helping with licence and aircraft legal technical and airfield support. However all of our aircraft have wheels and are not caperble of foot launch.

Regards

Paratrike

Hi Ferryair

Yes the BMAA do a reduced membership fee for students. Worth knowing because it saves a bit of dosh. To get the student membership of £50 you need your instructor to support your application. Simple process. I like your thought of spreading the cost.

Let us know how you get on with the Summit, our club have some history going back many years with them. I've seen one or two of these from time to time over the years. Post some pics when you get it.

I had a similar issue with my wing registration.. The BMAA technical office, offered me some advice on this, after I was not patient enough and found another more expensive way to do it. So might be worth investigating further with them.

The legal stance on your licence might need a bit more of a look at. That is not the whole picture I'm afraid and you will need differences training on type unless you already have it?. Talk to your instructor about it. It's really easy to do. If you are still having difficulties ask them to contact me.

We have a Paratrike club and all of our members are also members of the BMAA. We find it works well and have nothing but good things to say about them. Especially helping with licence and aircraft legal technical and airfield support. However all of our aircraft have wheels and are not caperble of foot launch.

Regards

Paratrike

The Summit SS has arrived into the UK, now just got to convince HMRC it isn't worth the same as a Boeing 747.