Paramotor RPM

wallboy

What do most engines run at full speed, is it around the 6000k mark?

My engine is a Vittorazi Easy 100 and I had to adjust the throttle as the cable came lose. After tinkering with it and adjusting the hand throttle, I put a slightly smaller spring on the throttle cable which stops it from running full speed and now it revs just a little bit more. Not massively more but just enough to notice the engine noise running slightly higher and feeling loads more thrust.

As the only time I fly full throttle is on take off and to climb, I was thinking about leaving it and only use the extra power if I really do need it for any emergency climb and maybe for a quicker take off. Or weather to buy a Tacho and put it back to the correct setting.

Any thought?

Also, what engines do you guys have and what RPM do they run at full throttle?

I have the same engine and mine revs around 8500-9000rpm, and that is calculated from helmet cam video. I can zoom in on the sound bar and count the propeller, every time a prop blade passes it makes a sound. I count them divided by 2(2 bladed prop), then I have the prop rpm and can then get the engine rpm knowing the reduction.

Don't know how accurate it is but I think it's close, the video I have is captured at -8°C so the prop has thicker air to dig into and the glider fly a little slower and I run the engine a little rich and with 4% oil as it's breaking in.

So at a warm summer day I think it could make around 9500rpm as the specifications says.

I have the same engine and mine revs around 8500-9000rpm, and that is calculated from helmet cam video. I can zoom in on the sound bar and count the propeller, every time a prop blade passes it makes a sound. I count them divided by 2(2 bladed prop), then I have the prop rpm and can then get the engine rpm knowing the reduction.

Don't know how accurate it is but I think it's close, the video I have is captured at -8°C so the prop has thicker air to dig into and the glider fly a little slower and I run the engine a little rich and with 4% oil as it's breaking in.

So at a warm summer day I think it could make around 9500rpm as the specifications says.

Well I have never heard of doing it like that before. It seems a little long winded to me lol

Very interesting read though :)

Make sure your hand throttle opens the carb all the way to the throttle stop.

Max rpm is directly related to thrust, high rpm = faster turning prop.

Check manufacture spec for max rpm.

Fly100 Evo, rpm=9500

All engines are different. Typically smaller engines 100cc rev higher than larger capacity engines 200cc