Vertex radio woes

Hi everyone,

Firstly please forgive me, this should be posted in the radio/comms but I need a quick answer so have posted this here (please feel free to move Simon) :?

I ordered, and paid for, a Yaesu VX-7R radio back in November, which I have not received (this has been an uphill struggle). I originally chose this radio as I understand it can cope with 2m and airband. I have been chasing the supplier today who have now asked if I would prefer another Vertex unit as they cannot get the one I ordered (and paid for). Can anyone recommend a radio that I can opt for... or should I just ask for my money back?

I already have a couple of Midland radios so have PMR covered. So is there a 'best' radio to get for general paramotoring?

Many thanks for any assistance with this.

Lee (ReactionJackson)

I don't think that there is a radio on the market that combines 2m and airband. The best people to speak to for advice are Martin Lynch and Sons on 0345 2300 599 (hamradio.co.uk). They're also Yaseu main dealers. I've used them a few times and they spot on!

Pianoman

Sent from my iPad using PMC Forum mobile app.