Any Clubs or sites near Irthlingborogh?

MAFFO10

Hi Nige,

I am not a complete newbie, but most deffinitely a little rusty. I used to fly an Adventure F3 quite regularly from a site near Newport Pagnel, MK around 10 years ago and been free flying up until 2010. As usual work got in the way but ready to take it up again now.

I have just bought a new Parajet Custom, Thor 130 and currently fly with an Ozone Electron ( a little bit old but in good nick) so will buy a reflex wing in the new year, waiting for a day off and kind weather to get back airborne again.

when do you guys usually meet?

Cheers

Mark

This Thursday afternoon hopefully!

..it just happens that the forecast promises a rare flyable day.

Probably use the strip at Pitsford Reservoir or maybe a field near Duston, trouble with wintertime is that weekdays are out for most due to work, I'm fortunate in being self employed so if its flyable I'm gonna fly. Mind you, I'm getting fussier about cold and wet grass. A couple of us are going to the NEC aviation show this Sunday, your welcome to come along if you like or if your free Thursday drop by.

Nige

Damn, i forgot about the NEC show or else ide love to have gone. Unfortunately have family commitments over for weekend. I am also pretty flexible with my time so Thursday would be perfect. I'll have to dig out my winter flying suit!

I can pm you my contact details if you could send over yours, Not sure where is the flying site is at Pitsford?

Cheers

Mark

The rellies left earlier than expected today so popped over to Pitsford for a quick fly about then went to the NEC. Bit disappointed with the Lack of paragliding gear! Bought my son a flying suit as his just about to learn how to fly then came home, after watching some miniture hot air balloons in the netted of indoor flying area!

New Site. It may be a bit far from you guys but I have been talking to Tim, the owner of Sakville airfield on the A6 and he is happy for us to use the airfield. There are a few rules about village and GA circuit but the deal is.

£100 for a years membership per person ( this is half price) and we can use the airfield and club facilities, club house etc as often as we want. We just fly a different circuit to the GA traffic.

He is also happy for us to make it a destination for XC , £5 pound landing fee. I may paste it onto the general forum and perhaps we should form a club...

What do you guys think?

If anybody else is reading this and is interested in flying out of Sackville and joining a club there then please PM me and I'll talk you through the details....

Cheers

Mark.

• 4 years later...