Starter info.

pete_b

With the parajet and simonini motors I have/had I never had a problem, touch wood.

One thing I do is make sure i have a good battery that spins it over quick and starts the motor quick to save the starter working hard, I have disabled the charging to the start battery on my EVO and have a Li-Po which starts it immediately for about 70-100 starts between charges.

Pete

16-8 volt Lithium Ion spun it fast.

16-8 lion? What is that?

I use a 3S nominal 11.1v (and a peak voltage of 12.75 at full charge and no load.)

That is the size supplied as standard for Parajet , available here at fraction of PJ cost

http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/3S-L ... ah-35c.htm.

This will give 147A continuous and 294A burst discharge

I actually use a slightly smaller 3000mAh/20C one and that still delivers plenty of oomph. This will still give a continuous discharge of 60A and a burst discharge of 120A which is fine for 250W starter needing 20A nominal

And I use PB's suggested dead ignition spin up method.

16-8 volt Lithium Ion spun it fast.

16-8 lion? What is that?

I use a 3S nominal 11.1v (and a peak voltage of 12.75 at full charge and no load.)

That is the size supplied as standard for Parajet , available here at fraction of PJ cost

http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/3S-L ... ah-35c.htm.

This will give 147A continuous and 294A burst discharge

I actually use a slightly smaller 3000mAh/20C one and that still delivers plenty of oomph. This will still give a continuous discharge of 60A and a burst discharge of 120A which is fine for 250W starter needing 20A nominal

And I use PB's suggested dead ignition spin up method.

Hi Pat

This is the one I use on my simonini EVO, which is the same starter I think.

LiPo Battery 3350mAh 4S 14.8v 25C Volt