Paramotor Orienteering day. Late March 2014. :-)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, we have a heli at the airfield. :-) :-) lol

You will find that the area is almost perfect for Nav tasks. :-) I have set it up inside of some very clear land marks. (like a railway line), a Motorway... and a River....

As it stands, only one of the waypoints require that you avoid airspace to get to it.

GPS, and whatever you normally navigate with can be used on the day, but a paper map will also be issued to everyone.

SW :D

Being that this is almost full,

I am going to set up a couple of Paypal payment links. One for full members which will extract £10 from you, and one for non paid members, which will extract £25 from you.

Your place will be confirmed as soon as payment is received. If your name is on the list and you do not confirm your place in the next 7 days I will have to remove your name to allow others to take part.

When your name turns green in the list above, this confirms that I have your payment. (please include your PMC username in the notes section of the payment screen.

I am sure you can all see why this needs to be done in the interest of fairness. :-)

Many Thanks.

I hope Pete B and I will be up on the tandem doing some filming :-)

The two Colons will be helping to run the event smoothly on the day (unless we get enough volunteers to man all the points).

Also they would have an unfair advantage, they know the area very very well, and they know me very very well, which means they will already have some idea of the ground tasks and where they are. :-)

As a pilot, you will only find out what the task is when you have landed at it on the day. :-) :-)

You just concentrate on having some fun on the day dude. Our hardcore crew of helpers will ensure it runs smoothly for you all.

Morgy,

You do understand the concept of what we are doing here yes?

As a hint to everyone... This is not a comp that you can win just by flying. It will likely call on skill sets that non of you have every had to encounter before. :-)

This is not a flying 'comp' in the traditional sense, yes there are points, yes there are trophies, but the scoring (which will of course be explained at the pre flight brief) has been designed so that it takes the need 'completely' away from being experienced as a paramotor pilot.

It's great that we have some experienced people taking part though because it will make the low airtime guys and girl, well happy when they win. :-) :-)

As I said, there are points throughout and trophies at the end. :-) the question is, will he who sings the loudest war dance win one or will he end up handing one to a new pilot?? :D :D

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

OK so the list so far for 'pilots' is.

1. Pat Pux

2. Badger

3. Neilzy

4. 8086

5. Nigeld

6. speedmouse

7. lilly11

8. wildmt

9. George1966

10. Stevie

11. Richwill

12. asquaddie

13. myusername

14.Robovercyprus

15. Morgy

16. Rob Pearce

17. Paul Heckles

18. Chris Lake

19. IRM750

20. Dan Burton

21. Tim9227

22. Geoffw

23. Tommcb6016

24. pilotnotez

25. Clivefreeman

26. Henry

27. Helimed01

28. Yogibear.

LIST WILL BE UPDATED AS PEOPLE JOIN IN THE THREAD BELOW.

I think that for the sake of my sanity that for the first of this type of event I will cap the pilots to 30 max. (4 places left)

If you change your mind, please do let me know so that we can free up the space for someone else.

If your name should be on this list, tell me by replying to the bottom of this thread.

Thanks Whitters and Ric, that's done. :-)

I am guessing that from the response to this that there is a need for it!!! :-) :-)

I have a great feeling about how this will be looking in 2/3 years time !! :-)

Ric (yogi) , maybe a short introduction since this is your first post. :?::D

Guy's I've heard 'rumours' that Simon is turning this event into a w/end fly-in too :)

That will be even better now - it's great how rumours spread and spread, then eventually comes true and we all have a great w/end. :)

Tony

Not sure about that Tony as it is a very busy airfield.

Pete