Radial engine build

ptwizz

I did the same thing with valve springs - used only the outer springs where the Dnepr has double springs.

Have you though how you might fit your engine in a bike? It's pretty big to get handlebars and arms around and indeed to see over it!

A friend of mine is building a much smaller radial to go in a bike, using Honda 125cc OHC cylinders and heads.

• 1 month later...

There has been very little progress on the radial recently, partly because I have started my own business.

large_PTE.jpg.82578544d31a3899a59b9f39ee305b94.jpg

I am offering design and prototyping services.

Rates are flexible - depending on how interesting the work is.

My skillset is mostly in mechanical engineering, with some capability in electrical systems.

If you have any ideas you would like to pursue, I am happy to discuss with no obligation, whether it's a tiny device to mount your GPS or a paramotor trike frame.

Business email: PTwissellengineering@gmail.com.

Thanks to Simon for allowing me to promote my business here.

• 2 years later...

No significant progress on the radial. I've made some of the exhaust bypass valves in between other things.

The new business has quickly become a 50/50 mixture of assorted contracts and another business designing and manufacturing parts for 1930s Ford hot rods.

This is still leaving me enough time for engine building, but my attention has been focused on engines for my model aircraft.

No promises, but I hope to get back onto the final stages of the radial next year.

On another note, I have now sold my fullsize aircraft - it was my most expensive toy and wasn't getting played with enough. I would like to get back into paramotoring at some point in the not too distant future.