New pilot, buying from SKY dealer, looking for advice

Bimda8

Hi all,

Brand new to the sport, completed training and currently have 30 flights on instructer equipment (Kangook from RS Ultra paramotor and Cima K2 wing) and am now purchasing my own.

I would like to buy off my instructor who is a SKY dealer and he suggests I continue on the K2. Looking for reviews, I seem to only find rants about Dell without much talk about the actual wing. I don't care or even really know about Dell, I'm interested in finding a good glider to start flying with.

I'm looking for a safe glider, easier for beginners to get me off the ground, I see posts warning the K2 is built for free paragliding and will deteriorate quickly when adding a paramotor, so I'm wondering what others thoughts are about a different SKY glider, perhaps more suitable for a paramotor or if the K2 would give me a few seasons of play.

Thanks in advance!

Have a read through some of the guys blogs here and see what they are flying. There are tons of guys here that will help you. Yea don't pay any attention to Dell ( 0 Value)

There is so many great wings out there now. I'm not sure I would consider a K2 as a beginner.

Welcome to the forum!

Tom

One more thing to add. Not too many people are going to tell you “this is the wing you need”. There are too many variables. The main Variable is you.

One of the fun parts with this sport is shopping for your next upgrade and purchase. Do your research review everything come up with a short list.

Then post what you have found and what you like e.g

I’m a new pilot with 15 flights. I don’t like an active wing that gives a ton of feedback. But I want some speed (all the guys I fly with have fast reflex wings) I want a wing that is fast for a beginner wing but stable. I do like the wing to be active in turns etc…..

I found theses wings

Anyone here know about or fly these?

But even before this I would highly recommend if you have time open a blog and share your training with the guys. This will go a long ways in helping them understand your flying etc.

Nothing wrong with dealers but I can tell you I prefer to make up my own mind. Get as many inputs as you can. This is a great place to get that kind of exposure, maybe even more then you hoped for!!!! :)

Just need to ask the right questions

Hope this helps

K2 is old tech...

I think they have stopped making that wing now.. But i could be wrong.

There are much better faster wings out there...

as above, forget old stuff and obscure names, go for one of the big brand wings,loads of people are flying them, for good reason, and you will have a better understanding of what you are getting.

K2 is old tech...

I think they have stopped making that wing now.. But i could be wrong.

There are much better faster wings out there...

as above, forget old stuff and obscure names, go for one of the big brand wings,loads of people are flying them, for good reason, and you will have a better understanding of what you are getting.

As above :-)

I always tell people learning to fly with us to forget about kit until they are actually flying :-) Then they get to fly all the different wings that they fancy from our pile of different manufactures. :-) As odd as it seems, many of them have picked the wing BEFORE they fly it based on how well they get on with it on the ground :-)

SW :D