BUZZ POWER - NEW FREE FLYING & PARAMOTOR WING

BUZZ POWER - NEW FREE FLYING & PARAMOTOR WING

'Ozone Claims'

At the beginning of October, we are launching a new PPG wing, The Buzz Power. Based on the Buzz Z4, the Buzz PWR is a versatile wing that excels in both free and powered flight. Suitable for a wide range of pilots from talented beginners to more experienced PPG pilots, it is certified EN B in all sizes and is the ideal choice for those who want a one-wing solution for both free flying and paramotoring.

http://www.flyozone.com/

SW :D

• 1 month later...

I have just got this wing. Wanted something for free flight with excellent sink/glide, that could also be used for PM, and 'low ENB' safety. Speed is not a huge priority for me.

It's very well made, huge attention to detail. Risers are primo, magnets without clasps, and options for low and high hang points without the noisiness of two hook in positions.

I have yet to fly it, just got it Wednesday, but will let you know how it goes.

Hi

It does not compare to the Speedster at all IMO...

Chalk and cheese.

It will depend on your skill level and what you want from your flying.

If your new to the sport and have no PG experience best go for the Buzz Power as the speedster is en C.

If you do have any experience and you want to travel you will get bored of the buzz quickly,

Both are super easy too launch and have a nice floaty landing.

We have demo Speedsters but do not have any Buzz demos. Best thing to do is give us a call and talk about your requirements.

• 8 months later...

I have the Buzz Power. I wanted a wing that was good for both free flight and PPG.

First, let me say its not a super fast wing like the speedster. And as I only have ~200 hours wanted something that was not ENC rated. I'm not that convinced that speed and reflex are where I want to be. I know reflex wings are less likely to collapse, but when they do, it may not be recoverable.

However, the Buzz is no slouch (in PG terms anyway). I came from a 2007 Nova Rookie wing which was also no slouch (8.4 glide), and I have to say Buz does everything better.

It's child's play to get the wing up, really, launches could not be easier.

I took it on a Paragliding only trip to Nepal, the site in Pokhara had some punchy thermals that really was much rougher than anything I had ever experienced before.

The Buzz was rock solid. I had one minor asymmetric that pop'd out in less than a second, and considering the air I was flying in, was pretty confidence inspiring. What's more, I actually spent quite a bit of time looking down at other pilots, instead of looking up if you know what I mean :-)

It's also more manoeuvrable than my old wing. Brakes are more progressive.

And as for flaring, it's like night and day. Superb.

I did not get the chance to demo the Buzz before I bought it, but I have no regrets whatsoever.

I have a few friends that have the light version of the Buzz, they have no complaints.

God, sound like an Ozone dealer, perhaps I will ask mine for a discount next time!

Check out : http://www.dhv.de/web/en/safety/safety-tests/

And there is also a good review of the PG version in thermic magazine (in german).

When I was into the PG side of things... I was forever hearing people telling me how they have dropped back from the 'spicy' wings for the stress free flying experience.

Even the (was then) BHPA safety officer (and ex comp and Acro Pilot) Richard Prout, still now flies with a DHV 1/2 wing having flown pretty much all of the top end gliders :-)

If you want to go fast, buy a motorbike or a plane ;-)

SW :D

• 3 weeks later...

For a new pilot the Buzz Z power will be a nice wing to fly but for anyone who has any decent amount of hours it will be way to slow... Having a faster wing open up your flying window. I had the Original Buzz Z and loved it.. The Speedster Scored B's in every test except one where it got a C as it turned more than 180, 'If my memory is correct" It's faster more agile and free fly's better and has a much higher ridge soaring window with it's greater speed range.

I have NEVER had any issue Free flying any of my speedsters, 28m down to 24m flying in some really nasty conditions..

Most pilots want to travel faster!!

Flying is safer than a bike!!!

The delta 2 only has one or two 'C's as well, but is completely outside my current skill range :-).

I was advised against the speedster for free flight, mainly because of the sink rate. But it would be better for high wind to be sure. Horses for courses. Too much choice makes the decision on a new wing so much harder.

Heard there may be another shark nose wing coming our way from ozone (not the viper), although that could just be a vicious rumour...

No vicious rumour.....the Roadster 2 with shark nose is next.

I am keen to see how it compares to the speedster, as in my humble opinion, shark nose technology is the way of the future. I think all wings will eventually follow this concept.

A bit like how seat belts and air bags have made cars that little bit safer ( I know you will always have an idiot behind the wheel, but doesn't that apply to all things we do).

In a perfect world it would be nice to have the money and time to test fly all the wings out there until we each find one that is "just right for me".....but until then...I'll keep on dreaming.

Cheers.

Hi Rsquared

We carry most of the higher performance Ozone Power wings in stock for demo. Slalom 16m 19m 21m Speedster 24m-28m we will also have a couple of Viper 3's in very soon. We don't carry low end wings because it's mainly beginners buying them for there first wing, They normally buy what they learn on,

Hi Rsquared

We carry most of the higher performance Ozone Power wings in stock for demo. Slalom 16m 19m 21m Speedster 24m-28m we will also have a couple of Viper 3's in very soon. We don't carry low end wings because it's mainly beginners buying them for there first wing, They normally buy what they learn on,

Thanks Morgy,

Trust me....I would love to spend a week or more test flying your range of demos....problem is I am still waiting for that lotto cheque to come through. No bugs bunny at the moment...but when I get financial I will gladly come knocking on your door.

Cheers.