Reflex wing and fuel consumption

If you're flying over Beaminster we'll have to meet up when my kit arrives.

I'm in Dorchester and working on permission to fly from the field next to Maiden Castle..

That would be great, I'm always up for meeting up with others for a fly. Get in touch when you're ready...

Quick report after my first flight with the Golden 2. Very easy inflation, very short takeoff run, and fast climb. However, it was pretty thermic this morning, so the climbout could have been down to a thermal passing through. It was easier to maintain level flight, and I used less fuel, but then again there was a lot of lift about. I'll have to try it again on a still calm evening.

The other problem was that it was all set up for freeflying, so my arms got tired very quickly (holding them up above my head) and I had to land after 15 minutes. So I must remember to re-tie the brakes with some more slack in them before I try it again!

Mate of mine (Rob) used to fly with a Golden 2 30 at 140kg under power. He loved it. Not fast but hassle free flying with easy launch & land.

I flew the Gradient sister (Aspen 2) for quite a while with power at the same size & weight. Basically the same as the Golden 2 but a little faster top end and more efficient at the half to full bar setting. Golden might be better at catching thermal lift.

We both flew the wings paragliding and still have the wings as they were so good.

Richard