Paratrike homebuild

Pete, PDF received. I thought the MTOW was the combined pilot plus Trike. The sub 115kg Cat is the dry vehicle weight. I just don't want to get anything wrong. The form I have is the 2012 CA1 form, I will down load the 2013 version, many thanks.

Will get form filling this week. The only bit I don't have to hand is the Wing serial number as it is still in Somerset. I might have to speak very nicely to the other half.

The end is nearly in sight. The LOFT came back with a good quote for putting a registration on.

Regards

Giles.

Giles, I put 300kg for my trike, which I think is the max MTOW for SSDR's. it's really up to you as the design authority!

For the A assists, use brummel hooks on short strings pulling on the speedbar line. Have them long enough to go slack as the A riser reaches vertical.

Ad

AD,

Many thanks for the information on the A' line assists.

I had some good news when I weighed my trike today, all up dry weight 53.5kgs. I weigh a comfortable 78kg (with kit) and my REVO 1 wing has a max weight of 150kgs. 8.5 litres of fuel @ 0.8 kgs per litre = 6.8kgs of fuel. Weight at take-off would be 138.3 kgs rounded up to 140kgs. SO IM ONE HAPPY BUNNY.

I will be bringing my trike to the Fly-in on the 20/21 July as it is only 10 miles from my where I live during the week. See everyone there. I will be non-flying of course ;) but will have my camera to get some shots of you guys having fun in the skies.

Giles

I still think the Revo 1 is the best trike / quad wing out there and I have tried just about every possible reflex option.

SW :D

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

Hi Simon,

What makes you say that? I'm just curious that's all, and pleased as I have one;)

I had a good conversation with the CAA today about registering my trike. They only want to register the wing, you can hang what ever you want of the bottom, so to speak. I could have registered it months ago, doh.

I have also found a 3rd party insurance company http://www.traffords-insurance.co.uk/aviation.html that will insure paratrikes, woop woop.

I have just ordered a mirror so I can see the fuel tank, I just need to put the fuel marking on too. All the little jobs seem to eb coming out now.

The registration paperwork was submitted to the CAA over the weekend, (Thanks Pete B for emailing me your exemplar)

I received a phone call from the registration department at 0930 this morning, as I had asked them to call me with possible registrations. They are up to G-CI at the moment. Now I have selected my reg I am now currently getting my wing all packed up to be sent of for servicing and the reg lettering added. Its like it all coming together now. I just need to complete my conversion training and I will be off up up and away.

Is anyone else out there building a similar trike or quad?

Giles

"Once and engineer, always an engineer"

The registration paperwork was submitted to the CAA over the weekend, (Thanks Pete B for emailing me your exemplar)

I received a phone call from the registration department at 0930 this morning, as I had asked them to call me with possible registrations. They are up to G-CI at the moment. Now I have selected my reg I am now currently getting my wing all packed up to be sent of for servicing and the reg lettering added. Its like it all coming together now. I just need to complete my conversion training and I will be off up up and away.

Is anyone else out there building a similar trike or quad?

Giles

"Once and engineer, always an engineer"

Ive got 3 different ones and a tandem chair on the go at the moment, when I get time to get back on them that is.

Hi Pete,

Seems like you get less time off than I do. I ended up taking leave and shutting my self in the workshop with radio 2 for nearly 4 days. The other half let me out occasionally, or threw biscuits and cups of tea at me through the hatch. I think the engine and flight instruments are just as expensive/complicated as the main structure.

Simon, I like your quad, striking colour, slightly more conservative than your orange Vdub Transporter ;).

All I need is 4 hours to then start hours building, then complete the final 11hours and then I am hot to trot. Come on English weather be an Indian summer this year.

It was Colin's little number that started the disk brake trend on kite buggy's!!!

Hey Colin, "once a mover, always a mover" It takes weeks to learn how to drop bags that well!!!

Is your trike coming to the fly in. We could have a drag race. Only kidding Simon. I'm looking forward to it.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByPMC Forum1372179308.354091.jpg[/attachment]

Here's mine. Had a little help with it.

Sent from Dorset on my iPad probably whilst drinking wine, lying in the sofa using PMC Forum mobile app

ADEves,

Nice, there seems to be a good collection out there.

Regards

Giles

More work being conducted this weekend. I have abandoned the full instrument panel and opted for specifically located items. The Engine (CHT and RPM) are being located low down on the buggy frame so I can easily remove them when the motor is removed. The Flytech 4005 is providing the Altimeter, VSI and ASI and I have found that by strapping the compass to the neck of the buggy has the least amount of magnetic influence. All that is left to carry out a compass swing to identify the full level of magnetic variation.

My wing is off being serviced and having the registration put on. My Ground exams are in progress and I am soo close to starting my flying conversion.

I will update with pictures soon.

• 2 weeks later...