Paratrike homebuild

I wont have mine there as I dont have room in the van. :(

I have brought some fuel for mine so you can have a taxi around in it. Any constructive feedback would be appreciated. Nothing is perfect first time and If I ever built another, removing any problematic design flaws would be advantageous.

You might have to kick me on Friday night or Saturday as I don't know many peoples faces.

Not long now till the fly in. ;)

I wont have mine there as I dont have room in the van. :(

I have brought some fuel for mine so you can have a taxi around in it. Any constructive feedback would be appreciated. Nothing is perfect first time and If I ever built another, removing any problematic design flaws would be advantageous.

You might have to kick me on Friday night or Saturday as I don't know many peoples faces.

Not long now till the fly in. ;)

Big blue renault master by the main tents (ugly looking bloke with no hair :lol:

A big thank you to all those who helped me trial my Paratrike at the fly-in. The launching gave me a lot to think about and after a little post event diagnosis I have worked out what I was doing wrong.

The learning points were, A line assists may not be as helpful as I first thought. They do assist the inflation but there is no feedback to the pilot where the wing is going as it raises up. I am fitting a second mirror on the cross bar to give a lower view of the wing as it inflates.

The link below was also helpful.

http://www.trikebuggy.com/video/expertvillage/17.htm

Additionally I was not holding enough power to keep the tension in the lines which resulted in the wing rolling off the top.

I will go away and try the new learning points.

'Everyday is a school day'

A line assists may not be as helpful as I first thought. They do assist the inflation but there is no feedback to the pilot where the wing is going as it raises up. I am fitting a second mirror on the cross bar to give a lower view of the wing as it inflates.

Hai Marvin. I also build a trike from kite buggy too, and later, put the A-riser assist. here is picture of me and my trike while waiting for take-off turn in a flying ocation in Indonesia.

IMG_2310.jpg

you can notice the A-assist bar, the 2 antenas-like in the front of hangging point, attach with a line to the riser A.

As far as my experience (I have been flown it for about a year now), I still can sense if the glider raises in wrong direction. can you explain with more detail about whats going on with your inflating ? many thank you and sorry about my bad english.

Hi Christoffel,

Thanks for viewing my thread. If I get any more launching problems I will probably try the stick A' line assists that you have used. I think it was more operator error rather than the trike. I have the larger rear view mirror which I will be mounting tomorrow.

'Everyday is a school day'

Giles

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Since you are being abusive and calling me a thief....would anyone like to see the copy of the plans I have so that you can also see that they are not copyrighted and have nothing on them that says they cannot be shared. I have already appollogised to this guy and said I wouldn't share them again.

• Like 1