Patrick's Progression

So, apart from PJ where can I get these steel reed petals for a V2 Macro . There seem to be loads of places to get the carbon ones. (although even for these I don't know how to cross reference which ones you need, except by size)

Size 39x32mm and 6/1000" thick , 3mm holes at 17mm centres, 2mm slot.

But I'm advised not to go for the carbon ones because they wear out very quickly. In wider 2 Stroke use the carbon ones are advised as being the better bet because when they let go they will not damage the internals. Any advice?

And while I'm on- whats happened to the Parajet site? Very flash, but is it me or is it now impossible to look up for anything but a handful of spares....and those only for the latest machinery, which you hope won't be needing any for a bit.

17944249923_e8ef7140df_c.jpg

All parts ordered from PJ, usual efficient service.

One slight gripe, is their new carriage policy of using UPS only, no more Royal Mail, so there is a minimum postage cost of £12, which seems a bit steep for something that would go in a 4" jiffy bag.

For that I expected Gilo to strap on the motor and fly it to me, personally, like in the advert! :wink:

All re-assembled and running well. A couple of things to note

The reed blocks as supplied by PJ need a little work to make them fit. The M2 set screws need their heads grinding off a bit to let them fit into the 37mm aperture in the block. When I raised it with PJ, they were surprised, but agreed, saying they used to come pre-ground from the supplier

Secondly, the supplied cylinder base gasket is a bit shonky, not that accurate and overlapping the transfer ports, I would advise cutting your own.

Worth noting this part is available off ebay, search part no 100560110, for around £25 delivered. £55 from PJ delivered

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=100560110&_sop=15

5733643289252_ReedBlock.jpg.7478d2b71ec6

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a nice flight around the local area to the North yesterday evening. Had thought on a few previous flights that the engine note might have sounded different, but last night there was a distinct change.........must have been when that lump fell out!

ImageUploadedByPMC Forum1439723416.670335.jpg

All the rubbers look good. I've balanced the prop as well. A proper job, too, each blade, CofG of each blade in same position and then all 3 bolted together. And don't feel any undue vibration in use. So just need to keep an eye on it, i think

It`s not just Moster exhausts that self-destruct, then.

That looks like an excellent repair at a bargain price, Pat.

When mine cracked i took it to a welding guru who quoted about 80-odd quid.

I didn`t fancy that and was worried that it`d only fracture again, so put the funds towards a new exhaust which was only £275....

I think i`m going to keep your welders` details, just in case!

P9230004.jpg

P9230003.jpg

Cheers,Hann

(just got back from a 2-hour flight this evening)

• Downvote 1

Oh, so you`re into motorbicycles as well?

I have four classic Japanese 1980`s v-twin middleweights myself...

What frame is that in the pic?

I know what you man about flying with others.

Although i haven`t actually took off/flown with anybody i did actually share the same piece of sky a couple of weeks ago over The Solent/Hurst Castle when i happened upon two other PPGers on my way over to the IOW.

S`really good to see paramotors flying from another paramotor, quite unusual for me.

Thanks for the pm by the way.

Hann.

• 1 month later...

Well here we are again with a problem on my Macro V2, which isn't great, but equally here I am again singing the praises of Parajet, and in particular Dan, in sorting it out very reasonably and extremely quickly.

After my second flight of the weekend I noticed some cracking in the crankcase of my motor around the prop shaft clamping boss. ( I'm sure it must have been developing for some time)

OK, maybe it shouldnt have failed in the first place, but being a 2010 machine it was well beyond warranty, so I'm more than satisfied to have a whole new bottom end for a substantial discount . I also have the old one which will be getting repaired.

IMG_1270-1.JPG

IMG_1281-1.JPG

• 7 months later...
On 9/21/2015 at 5:04 PM, PatPux said:

Unfortunately something has gone a bit awry in the recent website update so a number of photos are missing or wrong. The text is also missing chunks, including my first flight. 

So may be worth holding off a read till its sorted and makes a bit more sense. 
One thing not to hold off, though, is taking the plunge and go and get started......Weather tomorrow early looks OK.

Well...I finally got some flying in! Between the diabolical weather earlier in the year and then some motor woes I had only got a couple of flightsso far this year

But a glorious week in Cornwall and good weather persisting over the weekend I managed another  three. Once again I noticed the much smoother air you get when flying on the coast makes for more consistent launching and in stiffer breezes, as there is no unpredictable gusting.

Here's one of the flights around Trevose Head on a natty piece of software called Doarama

http://doarama.com/view/859462

IMG_3048.jpgIMG_3049.jpg

• Upvote 1