Just Starting

Just to say hi. I started my training yesterday with Simon W at Membury.

I think I first visited Simon's school over 2 years ago to discuss doing a course, and decided then that I didnt want to start till I'd definitely got the funds to be able to buy all the equipment immediately after the course.

Well, that was never going to work, there always being some other pressing need. So,in March I decided if I didn't get on and do it, I never would. And if I get bitten by it,as I am sure I will, I'd find the money somehow, even if meant losing some of the other toys!

I did learn to paraglide in the Alps several years ago, completing a week long course. And then going back for a further 2 separate weeks. But I am keen to start learning this new sport from scratch and simply treat my previous experience as something that might help me along the way.

Hopefully I will get a few more days training in this week. :D

Looking forward to meeting some of you and participating here.

Patrick

:D:D:D:D

Well it's happened: first flight today. Started with SimonW last Sunday, had a couple of days off learning last week and yesterday, getting to grips with the ground handling.

I arrived this morning with the expectation of a day getting my forward launch handling sorted. As it happened that came together really well, 10 straight practice runs, and only one fluffed one, and in the great conditions, Simon said "you're good to go."

I know I have been lucky to have picked a good week for weather, but my progress has been down to excellent instruction from Simon, and particularly from my nominated mentor Colin. Big it up for the little C!

A great blend of guiding you when you get if wrong,with analysis of the problems, but equally important letting you get on with it when youre getting it right.

I obviously have no experience of other instructors, but its difficult to see how what I received could be much bettered. If you live within striking distance of Swindon, you should use them.

I know this is just the start,can't wait to start the flying exercises.

Thanks, guys

Patrick

:D:D:D:D

Well it's happened: first flight today. Started with SimonW last Sunday, had a couple of days off learning last week and yesterday, getting to grips with the ground handling.

I arrived this morning with the expectation of a day getting my forward launch handling sorted. As it happened that came together really well, 10 straight practice runs, and only one fluffed one, and in the great conditions, Simon said "you're good to go."

I know I have been lucky to have picked a good week for weather, but my progress has been down to excellent instruction from Simon, and particularly from my nominated mentor Colin. Big it up for the little C!

A great blend of guiding you when you get if wrong,with analysis of the problems, but equally important letting you get on with it when youre getting it right.

I obviously have no experience of other instructors, but its difficult to see how what I received could be much bettered. If you live within striking distance of Swindon, you should use them.

I know this is just the start,can't wait to start the flying exercises.

Thanks, guys

Patrick

Well done that Man :D

Thanks, gentlemen.

Would be interested to make contact with some pilots in my area, particularly the one ( or two?) who fly from the Sulham Estate fields at the top of Sulham Hill or from near Savacentre at Calcot.

Patrick

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=465355&y=175140&z=120&sv=465355,175140&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=s.srf&dn=752&ax=465355&ay=175140&lm=0