Electric Start

rob999

Is it just my impression, or are more and more motors now being sold without an electric start option..

I was looking at Parajet, and most of theirs are now pull start only. If you want electric on a Volution its back to the XT2 engine (and any comments on that power unit gratefully received please).

I really do like the idea of electric start having trained on leccy start kit. I know its a bit more complicated, and adds a bit of weight, but I do still like the idea..

Any comments ???

Brilliant motor. I did over 1000 hours on my Compact before a new engine went in it. (crank went)

Also nice end easy to launch.

Parajet Compact, 75kg, Revo 26 170mins.

SW :D

AdEves, whereabouts in Dorset are you ? I'm in Dorchester...

I spoke to Parajet a few weeks ago about the XT2 motor. Its in the process of being phased out, hence no longer offered on their site.

The reason i was asking about it is because I'm confused. It seems like a bomb proof electric start motor that goes on forever. Its basically being replaced by the Polini 130 and 200, both of which seem to have tuning and piston issues (if you don't get the former right, you get a hole in the latter) and the Moster with no electric start option.

Parajets foundation was built on the reliability of the XT, so why drop it? Is there a greater profit margin on the outsourced Polini ? Is the XT overengineered hence longevity but reduced profit margin for the company? Who knows, certainly not me. All I know is that my ideal Parajet seems likely to have to be bought second hand...

Hence my desire to know more about this engine...

AdEves, whereabouts in Dorset are you ? I'm in Dorchester...

I spoke to Parajet a few weeks ago about the XT2 motor. Its in the process of being phased out, hence no longer offered on their site.

The reason i was asking about it is because I'm confused. It seems like a bomb proof electric start motor that goes on forever. Its basically being replaced by the Polini 130 and 200, both of which seem to have tuning and piston issues (if you don't get the former right, you get a hole in the latter) and the Moster with no electric start option.

Parajets foundation was built on the reliability of the XT, so why drop it? Is there a greater profit margin on the outsourced Polini ? Is the XT overengineered hence longevity but reduced profit margin for the company? Who knows, certainly not me. All I know is that my ideal Parajet seems likely to have to be bought second hand...

Hence my desire to know more about this engine...

It will cut down on build cost and hours using outsourced motors.