Weather

Hi all

I'm always on the weather pro app looking for the next chance to fly its always saying its to windy but on the day it's fine weather, should I stay put on the ground or go fly???

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

You always have to make your decision on the day and on-site. Having said that something like XC Weather is a valuable tool and it would be useful to ask yourself why the forecast gives strong winds when everything looks good on the ground - perhaps the winds are strong a few hundred feet above the ground (check the clouds); perhaps there's a front moving in and the winds will pick-up later. However, if you rely too much on the forecast, which, after all is only one source of information, you will miss a lot of good flying opportunities.

Hope this helps.

Dom

I don't know about the best phone apps, but I always cross-reference several sources like XC Weather, Rasp, and local forecasts when planning. If you can find some local weather stations to log into that gives you bang up to date info on the day for wind speed and direction, humidity, etc. Sometimes when it looks unsure, if you sit tight you get a break in the last hour before sunset.

..good point Dom (about not relying too much on the forecast). Forecast for us this morning was for thick fog till about 11ish, however it was nowhere near as bad as expected.

Viz was great by about 9ish so managed to get a cheeky flight in this morning before the winds picked up

:coptor:

..good point Dom (about not relying too much on the forecast). Forecast for us this morning was for thick fog till about 11ish, however it was nowhere near as bad as expected.

Viz was great by about 9ish so managed to get a cheeky flight in this morning before the winds picked up

:coptor:

It's often the other way round here, fog forecast to clear by 9.00am but still there at 3.00 in the afternoon. :(