GoPro Black or Sony

rob999

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

..been very impressed with the quality of my Sony ActionCam however, on the last couple of flights, the lens has misted up after a few minutes.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've put a few silicon beads in the case which will hopefully sort the problem next time.

Any other ideas gratefully received. Don't want to make a hole in the case unless I absolutely have to

thanks

Carl

..been very impressed with the quality of my Sony ActionCam however, on the last couple of flights, the lens has misted up after a few minutes.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've put a few silicon beads in the case which will hopefully sort the problem next time.

Any other ideas gratefully received. Don't want to make a hole in the case unless I absolutely have to

thanks

Carl

I've experienced the same problem. You can buy anti-fog sheets as an official Sony accessory but apparantly the Go-Pro ones are cheaper ;)

The pro guys are buying a spare front and drilling a few holes for both sound quality and the de mist issue.

Other ways to avoid it include, leave your camera somewhere cold overnight like in the glove box of your car so that it is almost the same temp when you get it out in the morning :-)

Go-Pros (any camera) will mist up on climb out and landing if conditions are right for it.

SW :D

... left my ActionCam in the car overnight and it certainly helped the fogging up issue, however things still got a bit murky about 15 mins into the flight this morning (previously it was fogging up after about 5 mins).

Think the drill may be coming out this weekend to ventilate the case a bit - hopefully that'll resolve it for good.

... left my ActionCam in the car overnight and it certainly helped the fogging up issue, however things still got a bit murky about 15 mins into the flight this morning (previously it was fogging up after about 5 mins).

Think the drill may be coming out this weekend to ventilate the case a bit - hopefully that'll resolve it for good.

It will for sure. :-)

Just put a tiny hole in the front at the bottom and then buy another front (££ peanuts) for wet stuff. :-)

SW :D